FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Twitch.tv/Justin.tv

<<

TisIte

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:38 am

Re: Twitch.tv/Justin.tv

Hi,

Serviio with this plugin used to work like a year ago. I think I stopped cause I was having an issue where the stream would start, play for a couple of seconds, and then just freeze. Afterwards the TV would say file is invalid.

Tried again recently, same issue - tested both ffmpeg.exe with no luck.
Using an LG TV, here is my log, any ideas?
Attachments
serviio.log
(149.64 KiB) Downloaded 526 times
<<

jules

DLNA master

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:56 am

log looks good, you could try enabling transcoding to see if that fixes it. but once the stream even starts at all, the plugin has already done its duty and it's only up to the media player to decode the video material.
<<

TisIte

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:28 pm

Hmm, ok thanks. Not sure why it would play for a couple of seconds (depends on quality, lower plays longer) and then freeze.
Transcoding didn't seem to help, guess it is just the TV - must of been a bad update a year ago or something.
<<

Lieghton

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:59 pm

Hi! I'm very new to Serviio but followed all possible instructions I could find and am now stuck. I can find and play local files on my LG Smart TV via Serviio however the 'online' folder is empty. Also when I add the URL:s and press "Check stream URL" I always get a big fat red X. I've tried several live streams and it does this for all of them. Any idea what my issue is?
<<

commandercool

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:58 pm

Hi! I've been using your plugin for some time now. First of all thank you, great job!
While using I decided to modify your souce code a little for plugin to be able to load thumbnails for streams. So I opened source and noticed that you are using calls to justin.tv api, which was officially closed this year and it's api can stop working any time now (vods calls aren't working already). So I've fixed api call for stream content, and added some calls to be able to get thumbnails urls for my copy of plugin.
Now I wonder, haven't you considered creating some kind of repo (eg on github) with your plugin, so members of community could contribute? I think that would be nice, considering dynamic developement of a twitch platform.
<<

jules

DLNA master

Post Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:58 am

hey, sounds cool. i thought i'd put this in the OP somewhere, but this repo has existed for some time: https://github.com/bogenpirat/serviio-plugins
throw me a pull request and i'll see that i can give you credit for the next update!
<<

commandercool

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:11 pm

Ok, I might also have figured out how to fix vods. Need to test it though carefully, then can send pull request for your approvement.
<<

hunter1scc

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:16 pm

Cannot See the Serviio server on my TV

I have a feeling it has to do with these errors reported in the Serviio error log file. I googled them for 3 hours and have not found a suitable solution. Any help? They look like this:

2014-11-30 11:02:49,668 WARN [FeedUpdaterThread] An error occured while parsing the online resource http://www.twitch.tv/imaqtpie, will try again soon: Unexpected error while invoking plugin (twitch.tv): Permission denied: connect
org.serviio.library.online.metadata.OnlineResourceParseException: Unexpected error while invoking plugin (twitch.tv): Permission denied: connect
at org.serviio.library.online.WebResourceParser.parse(WebResourceParser.java:78)
at org.serviio.library.online.OnlineLibraryManager.findResource(OnlineLibraryManager.java:181)
at org.serviio.library.online.OnlineLibraryManager.findResourceInCacheOrParse(OnlineLibraryManager.java:198)
at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterThread.getOnlineItems(FeedUpdaterThread.java:185)
at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterThread.run(FeedUpdaterThread.java:108)
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect
at java.net.TwoStacksPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
<<

jules

DLNA master

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:32 pm

please try using the attached version of the plugin.
Attachments
twitch.groovy
(5.98 KiB) Downloaded 1257 times
<<

Daetur

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:55 am

So, I tried again today

and got the following in my log:

2014-12-08 02:35:18,234 WARN [FeedUpdaterThread] Failed to retrieve online item information for http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_sc2. It might not play.
java.io.IOException: org.serviio.library.local.metadata.extractor.InvalidMediaFormatException: Unknown video file type.

What was the solution to that again?
Ah yes... "If you get error messages like "Unknown video file type", try updating the ffmpeg.exe file in the serviio/lib/ folder with a static build from here: http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/"
Tried that route, but can't access the server then it says.

log then says:
2014-12-08 03:04:10,007 WARN [ProcessExecutor] Process cmd has a return code of 1! This is a possible error. Detailed output follows.
[mpegts @ 0000000002c5eb60] H.264 bitstream malformed, no startcode found, use the video bitstream filter 'h264_mp4toannexb' to fix it ('-bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb' option with ffmpeg)
av_interleaved_write_frame(): Invalid data found when processing input
frame= 1 fps=0.0 q=-1.0 Lsize= 4kB time=00:00:00.07 bitrate= 477.5kbits/s
video:42kB audio:3kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: unknown
Conversion failed!

seems possible to solve, there is a suggestion how to.. hmm but how to apply that filter?
<<

jules

DLNA master

Post Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:18 am

the answer to that is in the first post.
<<

Daetur

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:49 am

it is? which is it?

I downloaded the 64bit ffmpeg file you linked to at viewtopic.php?p=94157#p94157
==> Unknown video file type...

I also downloaded the ffmpeg file from http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/
==> Process cmd has a return code of 1! This is a possible error...

Doesn't work with either ffmpeg. I get to select the stream on TV, but the stream just stays black. If I press the info key on my remote it tells me about the file format and broadcast bandwidth, yet no image. It does show an icon even.

What am I missing in first post?
<<

jules

DLNA master

Post Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:43 pm

nah, the first link is the one to use. but it really shouldn't give you that error message if you put ffmpeg in the correct place.
i'm also not entirely sure about whether that error message is the one we want to be looking out for. can you post a complete log after force-refreshing a stream that is online via the console?
<<

michaelsper

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:01 am

Hello. Thank you for creating this plug-in. I'm posting due to a problem. When I get to the list of quality of a stream on my Samsung t.v., all qualities return an error on t.v. about unsupported file. I tried playing the stream in VLC (not sure if that is a useful step) and VLC suddenly closes when I click UPNP on the playlist screen. I found VLC does this even if Serviio console edit:"serviio service not just console" is not running, so maybe this step is moot. Any help appreciated.

serviio.log
Serviio.log
(45.56 KiB) Downloaded 483 times

edit: I've tried reinstalling twitch.groovy and the two different mmpeg.exe listed in OP.
<<

jules

DLNA master

Post Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:04 pm

please try this version of the plugin: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bogen ... tch.groovy (right click -> save as)
<<

michaelsper

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:35 pm

jules wrote:please try this version of the plugin: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bogen ... tch.groovy (right click -> save as)

Just tried one stream, no go for all qualities. The thumbnail of the stream does show. The error on the tv reads: "The file you've selected is not currently supported".

Attached is the whole log file:
serviio.log
(78.07 KiB) Downloaded 448 times
<<

Proim

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:49 am

I got it to work by replacing the ffmpeg.exe by the 32bit one. Then I turned off my tv and laptop and wanted to watch later. Now it does not work anymore and I again get the ''can't read file'' error as I had before the replacement of the ffmpeg.exe. The server is found as before but not stream of any quality works. What could be the cause?

I already tried restarting the server in Serviio Console.

Edit: it suddenly worked again, no idea why...
<<

reaver

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:24 pm

Hey there!

I've been struggling for a couple of days to make a twitchtv stream work on my Sony KDL 40W605B. I followed the steps that have been written on the forum, can see the livestream on my tv but when I want to start it, it shows a black screen and nothing happens, no error whatsoever. I have the right plugin and right ffmpeg.exe file.

If someone has a clue of where this could come from I'd be glad to hear what is your suggestion cause right now I've ran out of ideas.
Thanks a lot! Basile
Attachments
serviio1.log
Here is the log when I launch the stream from TV
(17.07 KiB) Downloaded 406 times
<<

andreyv

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:46 pm

I investigated the FFMPEG problem a bit more today. The actual error message is
  Code:
2015-01-19 19:31:02,795 WARN  [ProcessExecutor] Process cmd has a return code of 1! This is a possible error. Detailed output follows.
av_interleaved_write_frame(): Invalid data found when processing input
[mpegts @ 03933740] H.264 bitstream malformed, no startcode found, use the video bitstream filter 'h264_mp4toannexb' to fix it ('-bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb' option with ffmpeg)
frame=    6 fps=0.0 q=-1.0 Lsize=       0kB time=00:00:00.08 bitrate=   0.0kbits/s
video:88kB audio:2kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: unknown
Conversion failed!

Notice that it is recommended to add "-bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb" to the FFMPEG command line. Has anyone tested this? Maybe there is no need for custom-built FFMPEG at all.

Can we edit Serviio's FFMPEG options somewhere?
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:16 pm

Serviio already uses that when necessary (ie cponverting from MOV/MP4 like container to mpegts container). This error look more like a problem with the video stream rather than the container.
PreviousNext

Return to Available plugins