FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

NEED YOUTUBE PLUG IN FOR SERVIIO

<<

venkat1926

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:19 am

NEED YOUTUBE PLUG IN FOR SERVIIO

I searched web a lot. I have installed serviio. I want to view youtube videos in my TV through serviio. I have configured serviio and I am able to view the items from my computer folders. But I am not able to view youtube videos. I nderstand I have to get and install youtube plugin (perhahps specifcally for serviio). there is mention of "groovy" file.I am not able to get the correct web address to get this inspite of google search. the results are confusing to me, there is mention of chrome extension, servioo lplulgin etc.. can you give me specific webaddress and instruction. please do NOT refer to some other message in the forum. I saw all the messages. I tried to see some videos on the subject. I am from India and due to my poor understanding of the accent I could not follow. detailed message reply would be greatly appreicted. thanks.
<<

Iveky

DLNA master

Post Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:34 am

Re: NEED YOUTUBE PLUG IN FOR SERVIIO

you have to search only this forum, all answers are here.
where you setup local folders, there is also option (other tab) for internet sources, go there, insert as RSS/Atom this:
http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/vide ... results=50
give your descriptive name and that's it.... for begining.
but, to function, you need youtube.groovy, you will find it on this forum, whole groovy pack, unzip it into folder plugins....
and that's it, restart and wait few minutes....
<<

riverboatsam

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:32 am

I can NOT find it on this forum. Can anyone tell me where to download youtube.groovy? And is there even a list of other possible plugins (whether they work or not)? And are they all in the same place, or do they really not exist at all? I've been searching and searching, and reading dozens of forum posts. Please do not tell me "it's all here." It isn't. Thanks for any help.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:11 pm

riverboatsam wrote:I can NOT find it on this forum. Can anyone tell me where to download youtube.groovy? And is there even a list of other possible plugins (whether they work or not)? And are they all in the same place, or do they really not exist at all? I've been searching and searching, and reading dozens of forum posts. Please do not tell me "it's all here." It isn't. Thanks for any help.

YouTube plugin forum topic: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3276
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Plugin requests