FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Commands to control PC?

<<

wowserv

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:40 pm

Commands to control PC?

hi guys,

as you can see i'm a noob to this forum, so pls accept my apologies if i say something out of context.

i've got a dlna compliant tv and i love serviio...it plays every movie. But since my pc is located in another room, i'm wondering if its possible to use serviio to control some basic functions of the pc? For example after a movie, i want to be able to shutdown serviio and the pc, without having to go to the next room.

Is this possible?
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: Commands to control PC?

Yes, you can see the wiki on how to stream your desktop so with a remote usb uhf mouse on the PC you can operate it from your tv room.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:01 pm

Re: Commands to control PC?

wowserv wrote:hi guys,

as you can see i'm a noob to this forum, so pls accept my apologies if i say something out of context.

i've got a dlna compliant tv and i love serviio...it plays every movie. But since my pc is located in another room, i'm wondering if its possible to use serviio to control some basic functions of the pc? For example after a movie, i want to be able to shutdown serviio and the pc, without having to go to the next room.

Is this possible?

not easily no.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging

Return to Plugin requests