FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Plugin installed but not visible on TV

<<

ritzzen

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:12 pm

Plugin installed but not visible on TV

Hi,

I am very new to this. Based on the forum, i copied couple of plugins in the serviio plugin directory. I checked the log and it says that it loaded plugin but i could not see any thing on serviio console nor on my sony bravia tv. Am i doing something wrong or missing something here? Appreciate if someone can guide me the steps to be followed to use plugins to watch the content on TV.

Thanks

Ritz
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:19 pm

Re: Plugin installed but not visible on TV

Do you read that : http://www.serviio.org/index.php?option ... icle&id=42

To add online content to your Serviio library, open the console and select Library / Online tab. Click Add button and enter the resource URL and type of media the resource provides. It may take a few minutes (depending on your internet speed and number of items in the feed) before you can play the content

In the case of video files, some web sites provide feeds with media links, most of them will publish feeds linking to a page with a video player though (e.g. YouTube). To figure out the media link Serviio needs to run a plugin that will do all that work.
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

ritzzen

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:15 pm

Thanks for the reply but the steps you mentioned looks like for watching online content by adding a URL to live feed. My problem is related to plugin. I copied dailymotion.groovy plugin to servioo plugin directory. Log shows it is loaded, but in console i cannot see it or ever in TV i cannot see dailymotion content. Do i need to do anything extra apart from copying the plugin to plugin directory?

Thanks

Ritz
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:19 pm

you dont actualy SEE the plugins on your TV the plugin allows url feeds from that specific site to work but you still have to add them in console like ILLICO stated.

Example: http://www.dailymotion.com/rss/user/omnisport-uk/1
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

ritzzen

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:37 pm

Now it is clear to me, so plugin as well as link need to be added on serviio console to watch the content on TV.

Thanks for the quick replies.

-Ritz
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:42 pm

exactly the plugin adds the required functioning and the url the actual content :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging

Return to Plugin requests