FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Request: Ustream URL Plugin

<<

prmadmax

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:00 pm

Request: Ustream URL Plugin

Hi,

Is it possible for someone to write a plugin to automate this viewtopic.php?f=41&t=4821

So then we don't have to go to the page every time the UStream URL changes and manually update it (which is a real pain).
Regards, MadMax
Serviio Beta Tester

Samsung Series 6 UE32H6400 (3D Full HD Smart TV)
Synology DS1512+ / 3GB Ram / 5x 3TB WD Red Edition HDDs with 5.2 firmware running Patters Serviio package for Synology NAS
<<

prmadmax

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:24 pm

Re: Request: Ustream URL Plugin

Hi,

I'm still interested in this plugin being done if possible?

Nasa tend to reset there broadcast a lot making the url stream no good until you get the new one.

What would be nice is a plugin where you just put the regular page url in and it works out the rest.
Regards, MadMax
Serviio Beta Tester

Synology DS1512+ / 3GB Ram / 5x 3TB WD Red Edition HDDs with 5.2 firmware running Patters Serviio package for Synology NAS
<<

insane822

Serviio lover

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:53 am

Can you guys test this out and let me know how it works? It seems to work fine using the VLC UPNP client, but my Sony BD player won't play the files.

This is a WebResource and will only work on live streams.

Examples:
  Code:
http://www.ustream.tv/sevenkittens
http://www.ustream.tv/ffrc
Attachments
Ustream.groovy
(3.45 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
<<

prmadmax

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:00 am

Hi insane822,

I gave this a try with the Nasa stream and the kittens one from your example and no luck.

This was on my Sony KDL-22EX320 - They failed to even appear in the list.
Regards, MadMax
Serviio Beta Tester

<<

insane822

Serviio lover

Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:44 pm

The Sony devices do not like to play these streams.. my Sony device does the same thing. See viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6622

I have used XBMC/VLC/iPhone clients and they all play the Ustream feeds. I'd like to hear if anyone with another player could comment on if this works.
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:39 pm

insane822 wrote:The Sony devices do not like to play these streams.. my Sony device does the same thing. See viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6622

I have used XBMC/VLC/iPhone clients and they all play the Ustream feeds. I'd like to hear if anyone with another player could comment on if this works.

Good work. Your 2 links work fine but nasahdtv does not. The groovy gives an indexing error, so it must be handled differently. If I recall UStream has 2 different ways of handling feeds.

So long as you get a valid response from ffmpeg using the generated link, Serviio should play the file. If it does not then it is a Serviio profile problem not a groovy problem. You only need to use ffplay -i on the pc to test links.
<<

insane822

Serviio lover

Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:22 pm

jhb50 wrote:
insane822 wrote:The Sony devices do not like to play these streams.. my Sony device does the same thing. See viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6622

Good work. Your 2 links work fine but nasahdtv does not. The groovy gives an indexing error, so it must be handled differently. If I recall UStream has 2 different ways of handling feeds.

So long as you get a valid response from ffmpeg using the generated link, Serviio should play the file. If it does not then it is a Serviio profile problem not a groovy problem. You only need to use ffplay -i on the pc to test links.

Thanks for testing it out. I'll look into it when I get home later.
<<

prmadmax

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:26 am

My sony TV works with the nasa stream but only if I use http://piscui.webear.net/ustream.php to convert the URL and input it manually
Regards, MadMax
Serviio Beta Tester

<<

insane822

Serviio lover

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:36 pm

prmadmax wrote:

My sony TV works with the nasa stream but only if I use http://piscui.webear.net/ustream.php to convert the URL and input it manually

The URL converter above will error out at times, same as the groovy script. Sometimes they have a different feed up, and neither one can locate the rtmp URL. I'll check into it later.

Return to Plugin requests