FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

HttpBuilder

<<

CraigD

Serviio lover

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:28 pm

HttpBuilder

Further discussion regarding HttpBuilder:

When I orginally started doing the plugin I was using HttpBuilder because I like it's syntax and it was easy to grab via Grape (which worked no problem in isolated testing) so I kept going. When I integrated with Serviio, for some reason Grape didn't seem to work so well, and I didn't really have the time to go back and refactor to use builtin functionality.

So there is nothing specific that I'm using I don't think that isn't provided built into Serviio. I do like the interface for HttpBuilder, so maybe it could be included in Serviio.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:36 pm

Re: HttpBuilder

It's just that it makes it more difficult for people to use your plugin. If you could just use the Groovy/Java built-in http framework what would be probably better. Unless you need a particular functionality that is not possible or it too difficult to port.

Also for any possible future online plugin repository it would not be possible to get the jars with the groovy files.
<<

CraigD

Serviio lover

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: HttpBuilder

I may test Grape again on 0.6.2 to see if it will co-operate. If not, sometime in the future I will port it to use the built in stuff.

Return to Plugin development