FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

SiriusXM Radio on Serviio

<<

Steve511

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:39 pm

SiriusXM Radio on Serviio

Great Job on Serviio!

Here is my contribution to the community, Stream Sirrius or XM radio from seviio to a dlna device

download SirriusXMStreamer from here http://www.permanence.com/sirius/ (retired but available)

follow the directions to login and set up your feeds.

From SirriusXMStreamer, right click your favorite channel and copy the channel url as an MMS stream

From Serviio console, add online content, audio stream and paste the copied URL

Someone much smarter than I can probably make a pugin to take full advantage of the streaming capability of SirriusXMStreamer, but I shared what I figured out! Cheers! :D
<<

JohninLA

Serviio lover

Post Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:24 pm

Re: SirriusXM Radio on Servillo

This is great, exactly what I was looking for!

However, I can get the feeds, I downloaded the latest version, 1.9.1I.0 and set it up

I added the feeds in the Serviio console, checked the url and get the green checkmark that it's ok, but when I go to play the feed on the WDTV Plus, it doesn't play. I added the channels, and can play it through the XMSiriusStreamer player, but it won't play on my media player.

Is there something I'm missing?
<<

JohninLA

Serviio lover

Post Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:55 pm

OK, I was able to get the channels to stream, but it's very choppy, pretty much unlistenable. I have cable internet up to 50 mbps, so that should be plenty. Is it in the transcoding where it could be a problem? Is my system too slow to handle it?
I'm using the WDTV profile, not the generic profile.

Thanks.
<<

Steve511

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:00 pm

On my setup in comes in choppy for about 10 seconds and then it works perfectly.

I stream to a Sony BR player so the transcoding is an exact match. I wasnt able to get this to stream to my xbox though....
<<

Stephen Morin

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:40 am

Hi everyone, where can I find the latest version to update, thnks!
<<

ravi

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:34 am

I noticed late last week I no longer was able to skip a track here or there, a key feature I relied on so I never have to listen to nickleback again?

I can still skip an hour or two backward from the live feed, but it doesn't do me much good if I'm not given a few skips to work with?
<<

Amastller

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:07 pm

ravi wrote:I noticed late last week I no longer was able to skip a track here or there, a key feature I relied on so I never have to listen to nickleback again?
seriale online blog
I can still skip an hour or two backward from the live feed, but it doesn't do me much good if I'm not given a few skips to work with?

I have the same.

Return to Audio feeds