FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Toshiba 47L6200U TV Streaming video distortion

<<

ryan913

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:25 am

Toshiba 47L6200U TV Streaming video distortion

Hi all,

I am having an issue with streaming video from my PC to my Toshiba TV. Essentially, after lots of attempts I have gotten the TV to stream the video. My problem is that the aspect ratio is being distorted and the video comes on screen squashed. Vertically the picture is good, but horizontally there is a big black space on either side of the picture.

I am streaming an MPEG2 file (which also happens to play perfectly fine when I play it from the USB...)

Another question, I thought Serviio was supposed to transcode on the fly... but if that's the case wouldn't that mean I shouldn't have to convert all my vids to MPEG2? (Right now if I don't convert, the files don't appear on the TV's Media Center)

I do not pretend to be very techincal, but I am hoping someone here can give me a little advice. I tried attaching my most recent log, but it was bigger than 500K. Is there any other info I might be able to provide?

Thanks!
Ryan
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:45 am

Re: Toshiba 47L6200U TV Streaming video distortion

Hi, post details of the file (see my signature), what profile you are using and ideally photo of how the screen looks like when playing the video.

Return to Toshiba