Post Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:07 pm

Philips HTS5591

Hi,

First of all, great work on this nice piece of software!

I do have a small issue with my Philips Home Theater System though. Using the Philips HTS5591 & renderer profile "Philips (2010-)" I can get everything to work but when transcoding is needed (because of external subtitle) I lose the ability to see all file information. Meaning the duration, the audio track & the ability to pause/fast forward/rewind.

When the file is streamed in its native format this problem does not occur, only when transcoding. I tried several other profiles & the closest one to work was a Sony Bravia profile... Then I could forward & rewind up to 4x speed & pause. File duration was still not visible though.

Is there a way to create a new profile for this HTS in such a way that DTS is transcoded to AC3, external subtitles are still loaded & all file info (duration) + actions (ffwd, rew, pause) are intact? Perhaps based on another profile?

BTW, DTS works on this HTS but only outputs 2.0 through DLNA so that's why AC3 is needed... The manual can be found on http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/h ... fu_aen.pdf & all supported filetypes are on page 41. I would do it myself but I have no clue how to start this creation of a new profile, my knowledge of codecs and such is rather limited.