FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

profile tweaks and questions about 40pfl4706

<<

slyguy42o

DLNA master

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:02 am

profile tweaks and questions about 40pfl4706

This is a very finnicky TV, I have seen a few posts with some folks having similar issues with model numbers that are close.
All in all, it seems to work for the most part but it has some very quirky issues. This TV only supports mpeg2 with ac3 or mp3 audio streaming via dnla, which should be easy enough to accommodate but there are a few issues I can't seem to resolve.

It detects under profile ID 20 and here is the current profile that I am using which is fairly functional

Code:
   <Profile id="20" name="Philips" extendsProfileId="1">
      <Detection>
         <UPnPSearch>
            <FriendlyName>.*PHILIPS.*</FriendlyName>
         </UPnPSearch>
      </Detection>
      <SubtitlesMimeType>text/srt</SubtitlesMimeType>
      <MediaFormatProfiles>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/avi" name="">AVI</MediaFormatProfile>
      </MediaFormatProfiles>
      <Transcoding>
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" maxVBitrate="12000">
            <Matches container="matroska" />
            <Matches container="mp4" />
            <Matches container="avi" />
            <Matches container="asf" />
            <Matches container="ogg" />
            <Matches container="flv" />
            <!-- if audio different to ac3, must be transcoded -->
            <Matches container="mpeg" aCodec="aac" />
            <Matches container="mpeg" aCodec="mp3" />
            <Matches container="mpeg" aCodec="dca" />
         </Video>
      </Transcoding>
      <OnlineTranscoding>
         <Video targetContainer="mpeg" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="384">
         </Video>
         <Audio targetContainer="lpcm">
            <Matches container="mp3"/>
            <Matches container="flv"/>
            <Matches container="asf"/>
         </Audio>
      </OnlineTranscoding>
   </Profile>

The profile is basically transcoding everything... I had to add in the max bit rate as it stuttered like crazy otherwise, the picture still seems pretty good at this level.

Here are my issues

#1 - I am completely unable to pause or fast forward or rewind - I tried a few different mpeg settings for my output, none of them seem to offer the ability to track through or even pause a streamed media file.

#2 - A few years ago I spent alot of time converting shows into high bitrate xvid with mp3 audio in an avi container, these files will play but the audio is garbled.. it's hard to explain.. you can still make out the audio.. but all the bass notes are distorted
They play clean everywhere else but this TV. I tried adding the following tags to play the audio out as mp3 thinking that maybe the conversion was doing something funky. but this didn't seem to make a difference.

Code:
<Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="mp3" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" maxVBitrate="12000">
<Matches container="avi" vCodec="mpeg4" />
</Video>

#3 - This is a minor one, but I have noticed on occasion that I will be playing a movie, stop it on the TV. Yet when I am watching resource usage on the serviio box, I can see the ffmpg binary chewing away at the CPU, it does not double up when I start another movie though... was just curious is this was a rogue process or if this was by design.

I started with a quad core phenom 2008R2 server using the windows build but have since migrated to a 64bit centos box with similar specs, I went through the process of building ffmpeg manually as detailed in the wiki. and it seems to work great with the exception of the issues with this TV

Any help would be appreciated, I am new to this dlna thing but have gone through everything I can dig up on these issues.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:18 pm

Re: profile tweaks and questions about 40pfl4706

1) try to change targetContainer to mpeg from mpegts
2) try to add aBtrate and/or aSamplerate as described here: http://www.serviio.org/index.php?option ... icle&id=24
3) by design
<<

slyguy42o

DLNA master

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:38 am

Appreciate the input.

I actually had it set to mpegts already as per the configs I posted above, or did I not set that correctly? I checked it again today and I was mistaken apparently.. FF and RW seem to work, it's just pausing that is not functional.

I tried setting abitrate to 128 and the sound is clean playing on my mpeg4 avi's now. thanks!
<<

oldjota

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:05 pm

Hi, can you help setting the profile for Philips 32PFL4907/07? Thanks.
<<

slyguy42o

DLNA master

Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:34 pm

Here is the modified profile I am currently using for my TV

Code:
   </Profile>
   <Profile id="plps2010" name="Philips (2010-)" extendsProfileId="1">
      <Detection>
         <UPnPSearch>
            <FriendlyName>.*PHILIPS.*</FriendlyName>
         </UPnPSearch>
      </Detection>
      <MediaFormatProfiles>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/avi" name="">AVI</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/x-matroska" name="">MATROSKA</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/h264" name="">AVC_MP4_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/h264" name="">AVC_MP4_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/h264" name="">AVC_MP4_MP_SD_AC3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/h264" name="">AVC_MP4_MP_HD_720p_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/h264" name="">AVC_MP4_MP_HD_1080i_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/h264" name="">AVC_MP4_HP_HD_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/h264" name="">AVC_MP4_LPCM</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/h264" name="">MPEG4_P2_MP4_ASP_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/h264" name="">MPEG4_P2_MP4_SP_L6_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/h264" name="">MPEG4_P2_MP4_NDSD</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/h264" name="">FLV</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="audio/x-ms-wma" name="">WMA_BASE</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="audio/x-ms-wma" name="">WMA_FULL</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/x-ms-asf" name="">VC1_ASF_AP_L1_WMA</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/x-ms-asf" name="">VC1_ASF_AP_L2_WMA</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/x-ms-asf" name="">VC1_ASF_AP_L3_WMA</MediaFormatProfile>
      </MediaFormatProfiles>
      <Transcoding>
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3" forceStereo="true" aBitrate="192" maxVBitrate="12000">
            <Matches container="rm" />
         </Video>
      </Transcoding>
      <OnlineTranscoding>
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3" forceStereo="true" aBitrate="192" maxVBitrate="12000">
            <Matches container="rm" />
         </Video>
      </OnlineTranscoding>
      <HardSubsTranscoding>
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3" forceStereo="true" aBitrate="192" maxVBitrate="12000" DAR="16:9" />   
      </HardSubsTranscoding>
   </Profile>

Return to Philips