FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio share manager

<<

Yorgul

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:08 pm

Serviio share manager

Hi
First of all, this is by far the best media server I tried.

I would like more control and info on shared media, and a "structure preview" on the server side (Windows for me) would be great.
It could display the folder structure and thumbnails it generated for the files. A "manual refresh" button would also be very handy.

I'm having some trouble with series, where some episodes are identified and others are not, even if they all follow the same naming convention.
It's not practical to make some changes, wait 5 minutes, then go to another room and check the TV for results... :(

Do you think this is doable?
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:18 pm

Re: Serviio share manager

Hi Yorgul,

thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you find the SW useful.

This is definitely doable, but the strucure preview would take some time. The button is not a problem and I was thinking about it myself. Will add it to release 0.1.1.

If you want to see your structure, you can for now use tool AV Media Controller (from Intel UPnP tools, see my signature), that will enable to browse the categories and it also includes URL's to the cover images which you can see in your web browser if you wish.

Regarding the series, it's weird. Can you give me an example of a file that is recognized and one that is not? I'll have a look.
<<

Yorgul

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:04 pm

Re: Serviio share manager

Hi zip,

Thank you for the tip regarding Intel tools, that helped detecting the problem with the series: it really was my mistake in the name :oops: , so no problem there! 8-) .

As for the manual refresh button, I will test the new version later today, thanks for including it.

Had a little problem with jpeg slideshow, the server stopped responding after a few pictures, I had to restart it, but didn't have time to test again.
I will try again in the evening and see what happens.

Thank you again for your great work!

Return to Feature requests