Post Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:37 am

Launch script for serviio events

This could be used in a variety of ways. Speaking of launching Windows scripts, Unix shell scripts, or Mac shell scripts. When various events occur, whatever makes sense for Serviio, it coild trigger an event. So, for example, right now, serviio has a recently played type folder. Thats great, but, what if I wanted to do something else when a recording is played. Log it somewhere, add a * to the filename, anything that makes sense to the user.

I currently use a Dish dvr. The interface is quite good, and I find things lacking when using dlna. Things that may be possible if serviio allowed scripts to be run with certain events.

Examples of things missing. The dvr shows percent of show watched, I could put this into the filename. This allows me to see it in any folder. I record all primetime tv shows every evening. Don't watch them all, but, its nice to be able to note which ones I have watched in any serviio folder, recently played not good enough. Perhaps my script might even delete a file if 100% watched.

So, the idea here is the script might be launched, and, passed certain data like filename and whatever makes sense. Many products have such a feature, nextPVR, etc.