FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Love it - but do you have plans for

<<

Britinva

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:17 pm

Love it - but do you have plans for

Just been made aware of this from a thread over at AVSForum. I'm using a Samsung BD-C5500 Bluray play with its AllShare feature and the Samsung PC Share Manager software is very weak.

Serviio is a great improvement.

A few requests.

1) Currently you can either use images via places like themoviedb.com or create custom images for the actual movie files. Is there anyway that you can create custom images for the actual folders?

2) Currently limited to video, audio and image file types. Can more file types be made to provide greater separation (like Movie-video, TV-video, Music-video) so when I search for a Movie I don't see my TV series or Music videos.

3) Will Serviio prompt me when a new version is available?

4) I'm sure I will think of more :)

Great work.

Will be contributing once played a bit more.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:57 pm

Re: Love it - but do you have plans for

1) Currently you can either use images via places like themoviedb.com or create custom images for the actual movie files. Is there anyway that you can create custom images for the actual folders?

No, that is not part of the UPnP specification.

2) Currently limited to video, audio and image file types. Can more file types be made to provide greater separation (like Movie-video, TV-video, Music-video) so when I search for a Movie I don't see my TV series or Music videos

It is already in place (if you use online metadata extractors). Movies are included in Movies category, episodic videos in Series category. Music video is planned for a future release.

3) Will Serviio prompt me when a new version is available?

Yes.

Great work.

Thanks.

Will be contributing once played a bit more.

Super :-)

Return to Feature requests