FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Internet service was out and so was Serviio

<<

flyinbrian

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:50 pm

Internet service was out and so was Serviio

A snowstorm hit my city and the (cable) internet was down for days. I tried to stream videos from my own collection but Serviio would not work. As soon as the internet service was restored Serviio began working. This must be by design. Please give us an option to use Serviio without internet access.

Warm regards,

FlyinBrian - a licensed user
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:18 pm

Re: Internet service was out and so was Serviio

No, not a Serviio issue. Something else was happening. It just so happens that the hotel I'm staying at suffered an Internet failure yesterday morning, and it wasn't restored until about 6 hours later. During that time Serviio was my only available means to occupy my time. It was below freezing and snowing outside, so I wasn't going anywhere! But I had no issues using Serviio.

One thing I did do during the Internet outage was to edit commercials out of some recorded TV shows, and then move them into my Serviio Recorded TV folder. The only issue with no Internet was that the metadata could not be retrieved, so I had no cover image or program information. After the Internet returned most of them updated the metadata, although I still have about 6 without it.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Feature requests