Post Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:09 pm

Online Sources - Improved facilities

The online sources feature of serviio is an excellent facility for accessing external audio, image and video streams.

However it is very restricted in it's structure resulting in these streams being all mixed together and with no means to easily separate/maintain/update the entries with changes, due in part to a lack of unique item identifiers. There appears to be an Id field in the .sob xml file but it is not used as all entries are set to "<accessGroupIds><id>1</id></accessGroupIds>".

I have posted elsewhere facilities to add Internet Radio stations ( viewtopic.php?f=42&t=24378 ) using the Online Sources section of Serviio console/Library and this works well, but entries are difficult to order and update.
Other threads have suggested the need for categories and sub-categories to Online Sources in the past.

I would therefore propose improvements:
1. Separate categories for audio, images and video on the Serviio console/library/Online sources page.
2. Add a additional separate category for Internet Radio (and maybe podcasts also).
3. Add user-definable sub-categories within the audio, internet radio, images and video (and podcast) categories.

4. Create a means of updating the entries (from .sob files or similar) by using unique item identifiers.
5. Create a means of ordering and maintaining the order of entries within the categories/sub-categories.

Also allow for using .m3u and .pls playlists in online sources (plugin groovy no longer works and was cumbersome).

Separate categories/sub-categories makes them easier to maintain.
Users of the video online sources may have some addional requirements and suggestions.

Comments/ideas please?

Raised as BitBucket request issue #1104 - https://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/i ... facilities
Serviio Pro v2.3, DBpoweramp & Asset UPnP (R7.4), HP Elitebook, HP Pavilion, Windows 10 Pro, Linn Majik DS/1, NEET AirstreamPro renderer, Naim NAC72/NAP140 (x2), Celestion Ditton 25 and Spendor A5 speakers, WD TV Media Player (x2), Panasonic Blu-ray DMP-BDT360, Panasonic TV, Amazon Fire 7 HDX, Kazoo & BubbleUPnP apps, Qobuz Studio Hi-Res.