FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Show queue as a presentation category

<<

Jimbo

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:23 am

Show queue as a presentation category

I have been using Serviio since 2014. It's a great server. I use playlists a lot and fixed a few for my wife who doesn't know a thing about computers. She used to come to me to manage the playlists for her until she discovered the queue. The only problem is that the queue does not show as a presentation category on our blu-ray, android or smart tv which limits it to being played on the one computer.

1. can the audio and video queues be added as presentation categories? Manipulating the queue should remain the same.

some time in the future

2. multiple queues that can be individually named
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:33 am

Re: Show queue as a presentation category

Is the queue something specific to your player? I've never seen anything listed as a queue on any of my devices. Exactly what is being queued up?
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Jimbo

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:56 am

I am using a windows 10 system as my Serviio server. The queue is only visible on the server and nowhere else.

Upon opening Serviio, the 3 categories, Audio, Image and Video come up. We will use video for the example though audio and image will work as well.

Select video. The sub categories that you have enabled will come up.

At the upper right of the screen 3 icons, Queue, Search, and Logout will show.

Select movies and the thumbnail for the movies will show.

You will notice a plus "+" symbol at the upper right of the thumbnail.

Selecting the "+" in the thumbnail will add that movie to the queue.

A numerical indicator will magically appear at the bottom of the Queue icon and increment for each movie selected. I had as many as 99.

Now select a few more movies then select the Queue icon.

The thumbnail for each movie should show with the letter "X" where the "+" used to be in the upper right right corner of the thumbnail.

Select the "X" in the thumbnail to remove a movie from the queue.

This is one heck of a lot easier than dealing with playlists and is much more dynamic. The shortcoming is that there can be only one queue per main category. I mentioned in my original post that some time in the future, maybe in 2021, multiple queues that can be named by the user could be added .videos from any category or sub folder can be added to the queue.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:28 pm

OK, you're referring to MediaBrowser. Zip will have to determine if that's something that can be carried over into the regular Serviio presentation categories. You can also add it as a feature request in Bitbucket. That is where Zip keeps track of all feature requests and their status. https://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/issues
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Jimbo

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:27 am

Thank you!
<<

Paul C

DLNA master

Post Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:17 pm

There is already a playlist facility in Serviio (that will do what you want).
playlist.jpg
playlist.jpg (79.51 KiB) Viewed 4087 times

You need to create playlists with something like the "m3u Playlist Creator" utility
see https://playlist-creator.en.uptodown.co ... u%20desire.

Put the playlists you create in a folder and identify the folder under serviio console/library/Shared folders as above.
Then make sure you set serviio console/presentation/audio/playlists etc. to "Display Category".

I use them for audio but there options in Serviio under images and video also.
Serviio Pro v2.3, DBpoweramp & Asset UPnP (R7.4), HP Elitebook, HP Pavilion, Windows 10 Pro, Linn Majik DS/1, NEET AirstreamPro renderer, Naim NAC72/NAP140 (x2), Celestion Ditton 25 and Spendor A5 speakers, WD TV Media Player (x2), Panasonic Blu-ray DMP-BDT360, Panasonic TV, Amazon Fire 7 HDX, Kazoo & BubbleUPnP apps, Qobuz Studio Hi-Res.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:30 pm

ATM queues are stored in the browser (in MediaBrowser), not on the server side.

Return to Feature requests