FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Better sorting of music files

<<

Riversiderepeat

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:54 pm

Better sorting of music files

How about sorting features in the control panel for audio files that include things like the ability to display artists in list or gallery form, or once an artist is open listing albums by year instead of title? Any plans to include better sorting options for music? Thanks!

EDIT:

Should have specified I'm not talking about the web interface. I access my server primarily using ROKU so this feature might possibly be a ROKU issue? I sure hope it's not one of those things that is "the other guy's fault." :cry:
SYSTEM:
Mac High Sierra 10.13.6 on iMac

Yes it's old. Yes it's outdated. No I'm not going to upgrade. I make it work anyway, and it does.

So far... 8-)
<<

Riversiderepeat

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:17 pm

Re: Better sorting of music files

P.S. I'm okay editing some code to make it work for me if I can just be pointed in the right direction.
SYSTEM:

Yes it's old. Yes it's outdated. No I'm not going to upgrade. I make it work anyway, and it does.

So far... 8-)
<<

gobater

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:32 am

If you don't access through the web interface, then it's a client thing. You might need to fix it in ROKU ;-)
<<

Riversiderepeat

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:08 am

gobater wrote:If you don't access through the web interface, then it's a client thing. You might need to fix it in ROKU ;-)

This is incorrect actually. I also use Subsonic, and it goes straight to artist folders (on the Roku), so it actually has nothing to do with Roku.
SYSTEM:

So far... 8-)

Return to Feature requests