FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can the alphabetic categories in audio be eliminated?

<<

Riversiderepeat

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:42 pm

Can the alphabetic categories in audio be eliminated?

Is there any way to get rid of the lettered folders when audio artist category is used? I just want the artist category to open to a list of artists and not have to open the alphabet. How can I get rid of that please? Thanks!
SYSTEM:
Mac High Sierra 10.13.6 on iMac

Yes it's old. Yes it's outdated. No I'm not going to upgrade. I make it work anyway, and it does.

So far... 8-)
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:28 pm

Re: Can the alphabetic categories in audio be eliminated?

Zip (the developer) would have to answer for certain, but I don't think it's possible without editing one or more jar files. If you are Java savvy, it might be possible.

So what you're looking for is a presentation similar to the Movies category, where there's no alphabetical list but just one long list of movie titles. I imagine that for someone with a large music collection, that might be a long list to scroll through. I'll move this into the Feature Request area of the forum, since that's what you're really looking for. You could also submit a ticket to the Serviio Bitbucket tracking site.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Riversiderepeat

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:11 pm

Thanks for the move. And actually, I would have no issues at all editing a jar file. I've done web design and code editing for many years and know just enough to get stuff to work the way I want it and occasionally get myself into trouble but none of that bothers me. If I can't fix what I screw up I'm not afraid to start over. :D

Oh, and a long list to scroll through is exactly what I want. I'm a visual person and a bunch of folders labeled with nothing but letters is like staring at a wall of bricks wondering which brick to click. At least once one gets into the artist list there are thumbnails.
SYSTEM:

Yes it's old. Yes it's outdated. No I'm not going to upgrade. I make it work anyway, and it does.

So far... 8-)
<<

gobater

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:49 pm

I would also love to have a single (long) list for all the artists like the one in Albums.

Specially in Album Artists it wont'be longer that Albums
<<

Riversiderepeat

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:58 pm

Yes, I've become accustomed to all the most popular digital players, which normally show a list of artists in alphabetical order. And as for the length of the list without the alphabetic folders, well, I have libraries in excess of 10,000 songs, some nearly 20,000 and the length has never been an issue. Think of it as browsing through a record collection. Anyway, I just find the A-Z folders to be a clunky distraction and, well, rather ugly.

Again, I'm perfectly willing to edit a file if necessary.
SYSTEM:

So far... 8-)
<<

gobater

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:17 pm

Riversiderepeat wrote:Yes, I've become accustomed to all the most popular digital players, which normally show a list of artists in alphabetical order. And as for the length of the list without the alphabetic folders, well, I have libraries in excess of 10,000 songs, some nearly 20,000 and the length has never been an issue. Think of it as browsing through a record collection. Anyway, I just find the A-Z folders to be a clunky distraction and, well, rather ugly.

Again, I'm perfectly willing to edit a file if necessary.

Thumbs up! Also for me, not a problem editing some file, but not willing to get crazy decompiling a JAR file and reverse engineer a closed source software. Not talking about the possible legal implications

Return to Feature requests