FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

like that a gaming PC costs

<<

zenixlesa

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:47 am

like that a gaming PC costs

PC Gaming or Console Gaming? I was looking at the PS4 but my friend wants me to get a PC for gaming instead. I don't like that a gaming PC costs around $800-$1000, where as the PS4 will cost $400 and work almost as well. I don't know what to do, help?
Last edited by zenixlesa on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

spudy12

DLNA master

Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:52 pm

Re: like that a gaming PC costs

IMO gaming on a pc is much more fun than consoles. It might be slightly more up front but it will last longer, can be upgraded and could do lots of other things at the sametime.
Games are a lot cheaper than consoles (so you will probably save as much as you spend extra on a pc there) and steam is a fantastic place for even more games.
You can also hook up xbox controllers if you prefer playing with a controller

I could go on and on but I won't

I'd also have a look at build the PC yourself if you feel comfortable as you can save a lot that way. Either that or look at a company that does custom builds as you can then pick and choose the parts you want.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:39 pm

You should look at the games selection, not all games are on the PC, and vice versa. Also, where are your friends - if you play online.
<<

Plvner

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:37 pm

Cost of the PC depends on what games you planning to play. If you looking at new AAA titles like Odyssey or new GTA or any stuff like that, you should get a high end system for sure. But if a retro fun as me and looking to play old school http://muonline.us or WoW or other stuff, you can go for something cheaper, i guess.
<<

nateril

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:37 pm

spudy12 wrote:IMO gaming on a pc is much more fun than consoles. It might be slightly more up front but it will last longer, can be upgraded and could do lots of other things at the sametime.
Games are a lot cheaper than consoles (so you will probably save as much as you spend extra on a pc there) and steam is a fantastic place for even more games.

I'd also have a look at build the PC yourself if you feel comfortable as you can save a lot that way. Either that or look at a company that does custom builds as you can then pick and choose the parts you want.

Very well said. Exactly that and many more, I choose PC. You can customize it a lot and it can meet much more needs than just gaming. But if gaming is your only need then sure consider the console, but as was said you can get the console feel on PC too...
Life is my dancefloor.
8-)
<<

maxwhite

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:15 am

Totally depends on where you live btw. If you're a resident of asian countries you can easily get a good gaming pc in the range of 400-600$ dollars. However, if you're in the US, it will probably take you 1000$ almost
<<

amyacker

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:48 am

In any fps game pc players have an arguable advantage with mouse and keyboard for accuracy as well as the amount of hotkeys available with using a keyboard.
<<

valad59459

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:25 pm

Usually, a gaming PC in Canada is around $800-$1500, which depends on the specs.

If you play only like CSGO, Dota etc., i5 9300h + GTX 1650 would be enough for you.
<<

kirrans

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:11 pm

A friend of mine has created a dope set up with an Xbox gaming chair for around USD 200 listed here and he plays Pubg mobile on an emulator on that machine. I don't know why people spend so much on playing mobile games.
<<

marksmith09822

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:29 am

spudy12 wrote:IMO gaming on a pc is much more fun than consoles. It might be slightly more up front but it will last longer, can be upgraded and could do lots of other things at the sametime.

Well saidd

Return to General discussion