FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Remote access w/ Microsoft Surface

<<

FatalOne

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:55 am

Remote access w/ Microsoft Surface

So my question is...

Does anybody know of a surface rt app that will allow you to remotely access your Serviio server and stream the content, in the way that ServiGo functions (transcoding into x264, enhanced profile)

Or

Can I reconfigure Serviio to transcode content to x264 when remotely accessing content through the mediabrowser?

Either of these will do.

Thanks in advanced

Ben
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:08 am

Re: Remote access w/ Microsoft Surface

On the RT, when using MediaBrowser, it uses Flash, which gives you better control over playback. Better option than transcoding to HLS / H264.
<<

FatalOne

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:15 am

Yeah, I'm aware that mediabrowser uses flash, that's my issue, while flash is useful for low bandwidth situations, its also an inferior codec as far as picture quality. My server is able to transcode 264 on the fly and I also have the bandwidth to support it, so I'm looking for a solution on my rt, that will produce a better picture quality, as seen with ServiGo's enhanced profile.

Any ideas?

Regards
Ben
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:43 pm

MB checks the user agent of the browser to check what method to use (Flash / HLS). So unless you fake it to use iOS header, it's not currently possible.

Unless you want to try to transcode to flash container with h264 codec. I didn't try that, but might work. Just try to update the flv_player profile in application-profiles.xml to use h264 as the targetVCodec.

Return to General discussion