FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Best TV Brand for DLNA functionality

<<

dempc

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:26 pm

Best TV Brand for DLNA functionality

My question is simple:

For those of you out there that have multiple DLNA supported TV's, which do you find is the best functionality wise?

I've had Toshiba, LG, and Samsung ...all (2011 or 2012) ...and I think I may like my LG the best.

Menu Speed
Compatability with Existing Serviio Profiles
FF RWD Seek options
Supported File Formats - yes i know transcoding will get around this
DTS Support
Menu Friendliness

Thanks for your time.

JD
Last edited by dempc on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

csholmq

DLNA master

Post Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:42 pm

Re: Best TV Brand for DLNA functionality

I have a Samsung D series. It supports lots of formats and delivers a great picture, for a reasonable price!

Menu-wise and the so called "Smart TV" functionality isn't all that great. I would prefer easier access to DLNA and apps. Too many remote clicks as it is today.
<<

dempc

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:58 pm

csholmq wrote:I have a Samsung D series. It supports lots of formats and delivers a great picture, for a reasonable price!

Menu-wise and the so called "Smart TV" functionality isn't all that great. I would prefer easier access to DLNA and apps. Too many remote clicks as it is today.

Agreed, I had this model: UN55D7000

Seek would not work with the Samsung profile and several of the files would not play. I did not attempt to add a custom profile to the XML or try any other ones.

Menu was clunky and slow.

Thanks for your response. Hopefully some others will chime in as well.
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:22 pm

I am adding new content to my website that will allow users to put enter router, bluray player, DVD player, and TV information. I will also allow the users to rate each device and have a page for each piece of equipment showing highest rating, most common...

Users will also be able to paste / draw a basic network outline of their system.

I hope to have the content form completed tonight so people can start entering their data tomorrow.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

dempc

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:51 pm

moltra wrote:I am adding new content to my website that will allow users to put enter router, bluray player, DVD player, and TV information. I will also allow the users to rate each device and have a page for each piece of equipment showing highest rating, most common...

Users will also be able to paste / draw a basic network outline of their system.

I hope to have the content form completed tonight so people can start entering their data tomorrow.

That would be excellent .. looking forward to it! :D
<<

martin55

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:28 am

I really think that Samsung is one of the best TV brands in terms of picture quality. It may be a bit on the expensive side but you can easily find various deals in the market.

Return to General discussion