use serviio without mediabrowser/dlna

<<

Lucifer

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:10 am

use serviio without mediabrowser/dlna

Hello
(first, sorry for my bad english...)

I will install rpi 3 on familly. TV is not on network (=> no dlna...) and i will plug rpi on tv only by hdmi.

It's possible to use serviio and watch movie on mode "plex/kodi" ?

I will use only BT remote control for play/next movie. (with mediabrowser, i need use keyboard)

It's possible with feature on serviio? plugin?

thank a lot,
Eric.
<<

Lucifer

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:01 pm

Re: use serviio without mediabrowser/dlna

Hello,

Any ? all use serviio with dlna on TV?

Eric
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:50 am

The only user player that Serviio provides is MediaBrowser. Since you plan to connect the Raspberry directly to the TV via HDMI, you need something with a user interface designed for use at the TV screen level. Kodi is certainly one such option, as is Plex (although I'm unsure if Plex can be installed on a Raspberry).

As you noted, MediaBrowser pretty much needs a keyboard/mouse to be able to select what you want to view. From my limited experience with Kodi, I believe that might be your best bet. I did just look at the Plex web site, and they do have a Plex Media Player that works on a Pi2, so it should work on the 3 as well. Of course, I don't know exactly what OS you will be running, so I'm just making some educated guesses.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Lucifer

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:08 am

Hum yes, kodi...

I will test this media player... i found osmc...

I like Serviio and use since april 2013 on pro (little free)

Easy to deploy, no need install and light... thank you for answer, and I will go test kodi or check serviio with mediabrowser on TV with pointer...

Return to General discussion