FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can I try an older version of Serviio?

<<

mikecue

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:30 pm

Can I try an older version of Serviio?

Is there a way to install a previous version of Serviio? We have a small office and want to share some videos on a model of smart TV to be determined. We purchased a Samsung "J" series for test before going "all in" for 9 TV sets. The only issue (I added this to the Samsung forum) we have is that the "skip" function from the remote control of the TV causes the network connection to drop. I'm not in a position to go out and keep buying different brands of TV sets in order to try out the capabilities, so I'm asking if there is a reader here who has run into this with Samsung or any other brand of TV? Near as I can tell the rest of our Serviio experience has been excellent. Might there be any thoughts out there on this? Would LOVE to use Serviio.
<<

Barneyfife

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:20 am

Re: Can I try an older version of Serviio?

I just purchased a Samsung J5200 40in which is connected to my pc via a Netgear power line network extender, hi res movies play fine but I have gotten the loading message occasionally when fast forwarding, I am using the Serviio version 1.8
I don't think the network is dropping, the TV is not getting the data fast enough.
Different file types make a difference, some .mkv files will not fast forward at all or very slowly, I had to split some video files into smaller parts to help.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:21 pm

Barneyfife wrote:I just purchased a Samsung J5200 40in which is connected to my pc via a Netgear power line network extender, hi res movies play fine but I have gotten the loading message occasionally when fast forwarding, I am using the Serviio version 1.8
I don't think the network is dropping, the TV is not getting the data fast enough.
Different file types make a difference, some .mkv files will not fast forward at all or very slowly, I had to split some video files into smaller parts to help.

Barney, this is a different issue, and you should have made a new post. It also belongs in the Support section, not general discussion. More people would see it there. :)

That said, powerline adapters can be hit or miss on their bandwidth. If you can temporarily use a Cat5/6 cable and see if the same thing happens, or perhaps try wireless.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:31 am

@mikecue - Yes you can download other versions of Serviio. Its not affiliated, but you can get them here: https://www.videohelp.com/software/Serviio/old-versions. Alternatively you can get them by getting the URL for the current release (http://download.serviio.org/releases/se ... -setup.exe) and typing it in your browser and changing the version number eg. make it http://download.serviio.org/releases/se ... -setup.exe for version 1.7. This is for the windows version but you can also get other OS's based on the URL for their current release. Make sure you do a clean install when downgrading.

Having said that I'd be surprised if it fixes your issue. If you find it does, post the version so others can investigate.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

MSGBen

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:36 pm

Is it possible to downgrade and use older version of Serviio? :o
<<

mariad

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:30 pm

MSGBen wrote:Is it possible to downgrade and use older version of Serviio? :o

You should give a read to the reply above, i guess it answers your question.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:41 pm

One thing to note when downgrading. Because of occasional changes to the database with new versions, you most likely can't just install the older version over the newer one. Do an uninstall, ensure the Serviio folder is completely removed, reboot and then install the older version of Serviio.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

mariad

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:18 am

That is a good piece of advice though.
<<

MSGBen

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:56 am

mariad wrote:

That question was more of a feeling, an expression, lady! :lol:

I read that. Thanks though
<<

MSGBen

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:57 am

atc98092 wrote:One thing to note when downgrading. Because of occasional changes to the database with new versions, you most likely can't just install the older version over the newer one. Do an uninstall, ensure the Serviio folder is completely removed, reboot and then install the older version of Serviio.

Yes, thank you. I was thinking the same thing.
<<

mariad

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue May 16, 2017 10:17 am

MSGBen wrote:
mariad wrote:

That question was more of a feeling, an expression, lady! :lol:

I read that. Thanks though

You're welcome hope you get through with it.

Return to General discussion