FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problems playing EyeTV-movies ???

<<

Jean la Bete

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:13 am

Problems playing EyeTV-movies ???

Hello,
as a novice of using Serviio, i want to ask about my problem, playing some (! not all) EyeTV-movies. My configuration:
Server: Apple Mac Mini, act. MacOS 10.13.x High Sierra, act. EyeTV 3.6.9 (7523)
Client: Panasonic TVs Viera 32 & 40"
After setup Serviios Bib to my EyeTV Archiv, all the recorded titles are shown at the DLNA-Client menu. But 50% of the movies will be announced as "not playable". EyeTVs mediafiles are MPG 1/2 files and are recorded in the identical way. All are edited with EyeTVs video editor. But only some are visible on our panasonic without problems, some not. It is no problme to use VLC oder some other players to show those files. Also the local Serviio Web-Mediaplayer has no problme to show them ???
Could give someone a few tipps, what to do?
Greetings and thanks and sorry abount bad english.
J.l.B.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:46 pm

Re: Problems playing EyeTV-movies ???

There must be something different between the different videos. You mentioned MPEG1 and MPEG2. It's possible your TV doesn't support MPEG1, so only the MPEG2 videos are playable. Is there any way to download a copy of one of the videos that won't play so you can find out what codecs are being used?

VLC will play virtually anything, so that's not a surprise. :D I believe you can determine the codecs used in a video with VLC, so that might be of help. Then we can see if there something that can be tweaked in the Panasonic profile to support these videos.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Lucass

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:19 pm

Re: Problems playing EyeTV-movies ???

Got it, thanks! I think Max Polyakov's way of life is spectacular. His biography is very interesting.

Return to General discussion