FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DLNA Networkable LCD Computer Monitor

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:45 pm

DLNA Networkable LCD Computer Monitor

Anyone know of a good LCD Monitor that has the capability to connect to a network and be a DLNA render. I am looking for a dual use monitor/TV. I will be using it as a second monitor for my laptop at home and using it as a screen to watch files streamed from serviio when camping.

I am also looking at TV's but have heard that they are hard on the eyes close up when using as a computer monitor.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:01 pm

Re: DLNA Networkable LCD Computer Monitor

moltra wrote:Anyone know of a good LCD Monitor that has the capability to connect to a network and be a DLNA render. I am looking for a dual use monitor/TV. I will be using it as a second monitor for my laptop at home and using it as a screen to watch files streamed from serviio when camping.

I am also looking at TV's but have heard that they are hard on the eyes close up when using as a computer monitor.

an LCD is an LCD weither it a monitor or a TV so fact your sat right by a TV wouldnt affcet u any more than being sat right infront of a monitor. Anything over about 22" would be kinda silly tho.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:14 pm

That is what I thought, but searching on the net lot of people complained about using a TV as a monitor due to pixel size.

I found on that I can make work I think, it has VGA, HDMI, and DVI. Asus VE228H.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:28 am

moltra wrote:That is what I thought, but searching on the net lot of people complained about using a TV as a monitor due to pixel size.

I found on that I can make work I think, it has VGA, HDMI, and DVI. Asus VE228H.

well yer they are correct if you are using an OLD TV before lcd was invented.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
<<

chano

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:08 pm

Cerberus wrote:
moltra wrote:That is what I thought, but searching on the net lot of people complained about using a TV as a monitor due to pixel size.

well yer they are correct if you are using an OLD TV before lcd was invented.

Well, an LCD pixel varies in size... My 40" LCD TV and my 21" computer monitor both supports a max resolution of 1920x1080 pixels.

Most large computer monitors supports higher resolutions, and therefore also has more physical "pixels" in the display. So a 21" computer monitor that supports, say 2560x1440, and a 21" TV that supports only 1920x1080 has much smaller pixels than the TV... Of cause this is also true if the low resolution display was a computer monitor. There just seems to be a general rule of not going above 1920x1080 for TV's no matter what the physical size may me, where larger physical size usually means more pixels for computer monitors.
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:13 pm

I ended up purchasing a 23" LED monitor yesterday to use. It has HDMI input so I can use it in my camper, just have to run a seperate speaker setup.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

Return to General discussion