FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Newbie qustion: is Serviio right for me??

<<

VoltarGomes

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:48 am

Newbie qustion: is Serviio right for me??

I've looked at things very carefully on the site but you never know until you try something or talk to other users.

I already have two music servers: Squeezebox for internal use only with my Squeezebox hardware and Madsonic for external use. Squeezebox is continually updated even though Logitech dropped it. However, Madsonic is not being updated very much and the search engine is AWFUL.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me if my needs are met by Serviio Pro.

At this time, my media collection is all music files: flac, mp3, and a few other types.

I need the following:

1. A robust search engine for a library of about 500,000 files. These are mainly rips from my CD collection. I can send you a picture of my collection if you don't believe me.
2. I would like to be able to share links and access to my music to friends and social media. Madsonic does this very well.

Thanks for reading and letting me know if Serviio is right for me. I think about installing it on my music server computer but with the two other servers, I worry that I might upset the apple cart.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:48 pm

Re: Newbie qustion: is Serviio right for me??

Forgive me for being suspicious, but this post is identical word for word to another post from a couple of weeks ago. Please see my response in the previous post. This thread is now closed.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to General discussion