FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Videos Catagorys By Alphabet

<<

Nejji

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:12 pm

Videos Catagorys By Alphabet

Hello, I am using Serviio on a Win 10 pc streaming to a Samsung Smart TV. The streaming works very well. Better than any other streamer I have used. The only thing I don't like is all the titles are listed alphabetically . Each letter of the alphabet in a separate folder. If I am just looking for something to watch I have to open each folder to peruse its content. Is there a way to list all the video content at once? Thanks for the help.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:48 pm

Re: Videos Catagorys By Alphabet

Yes, that is already there. In the Movies presentation all media identified as a movie are contained in a single list. For TV shows, there is no equivalent, although there is a workaround. You can create a playlist with whatever titles you wish to include. I have built several playlists to contain a complete TV show, so that all seasons are in a single list. Just be aware that Serviio doesn't track which episode you last watched if you view them outside the Series presentation.

Depending on the size if your movie library, this might take some time to load. Again, playlists to the rescue. For example, I have a playlist that has all my Star Wars videos, another for Star Trek, another for Humphrey Bogart movies, another that includes stuff that fits together, and so on. There's really no limit to the way you can organize your media with playlists.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to General discussion