FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio not recognizing DVD rips as movies

<<

himavaris57

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:51 pm

Serviio not recognizing DVD rips as movies

Hi,
I have a movie library composed of several folders (below) and it is managed using MyMovies.
One folder (films) has movie subfolders each containing a movie file (mkv, mp4...) as well as poster image (as a hidden file), sometimes subtitles
One folder (DVDs) has movie subfolders containing the ripped video_ts (with all the vob files) and audio_ts (empty) folders, as well as hidden images.
One folder (BluRays) has sub movie folders containing the movie file (mkv, mp4...) and hidden images.

All these have been selected in Serviio as shared folder containing videos.

All movie folders have a mymovie.xml file, and in the serviio console I did specify that MyMovies is the metadata provider.
Most of the files also have a name.dvdid.xml (not sure where that one came from), but there is no correlation with the presence of that file and the issue described below.

I am accessing Serviio library from a Roku Ultra using the Roku Media player.

PROBLEM: None of the movies in the DVDs folder show up under movies in Serviio, they do show up in the folder view.
Almost all of the movies in the Film folder and the bluerays folder show up under Movies in Serviio, but a couple don't.
All of the movies are accessible and playable via Serviio Folder view.
All of the movies are in MyMovies.

I tried doing a force refresh of the library and a rescan of the metadata, but it still does not pickup all of the movies under Serviio "Movies" folder

So my question, is what influences the fact that some movie folder are recognized as Movies in Serviio and some not?
It cant be the fact the file is not playable, as if I go to the folder view, I can play the file.

The main issue with the above problem, is the fact that when accessing a DVD rip through Serviio "Folder" view, stacking does not seem to work, so it only plays the first vob file, then you have to select the next one manually.usps tracking showbox speed test

Thank you for any suggestions.
Last edited by himavaris57 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:23 am

Re: Serviio not recognizing DVD rips as movies

First, make sure you're using the "Roku 4K with MPEG2" profile. The default Roku profile transcodes far more than necessary for the Ultra. I could never make the profiles assign themselves accurately for the different models, so you must specify the profile you really want to use.

The issue with your movies not being identified as movies is likely related to the file naming convention you're using. I've only using online metadata, so I don't know exactly how the MyMovies.XML file might differ. Assuming it's similar to the online sources, there's probably a movie name within the XML file that isn't matching the file name. Again, I'm making a guess based on my experience with the online sources. I'm simply not familiar with the MyMovies functionality.

If you haven't seen this support page, perhaps it might explain it better than I did: https://www.serviio.org/index.php?optio ... icle&id=12
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to General discussion