FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

dlna Dolby Vision stopped working?

<<

crackinhedz

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:34 am

dlna Dolby Vision stopped working?

Hi guys, first post. Sorry if in wrong section.

I recently started using Serviio (base version), and was working great playing x265 mkv Dolby Vision files (mp4 files don't even show as option) from my PC to my TVs through various app/media streamers using dlna.

But I notice now the Dolby Vision files dont engage "Dolby Vision" on the TVs like it use to. The files play fine, but the color is all skewed, like it would from non-compatible devices.

I thought maybe just my TV needed update or the media streamer, but its like this now on three different TVs (Vizio, TCL, and LG Oled).

I have Verizon 1GB fiber internet, and 5GHz wifi to my devices. Again, Dolby Vision worked just fine until recently. HDR files play fine too. Has there been any updates to Serviio that could have stopped DV from working now? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I also have transcoding turned off in serviio. Ive tried rebooting router, TVs etc.
Last edited by crackinhedz on Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

crackinhedz

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:44 am

Re: dlna Dolby Vision stopped working?

Im going to try and upload the files onto usb and play direct from the TV, to see if they play correctly. Will update the thread.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:06 pm

I don't have any media with DV, so I can't say what might be happening. Assuming the media is processed correctly, Serviio is merely passing the video stream on.

However, you might check to see if your assigned profile for your player has changed. Perhaps Serviio is now transcoding the video, which would absolutely lose the DV metadata. If your player changed its IP address, and you're using a profile you manually assigned, it might now be using something different, and not the best match for your player.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

ElfMagic

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:30 am

atc98092 wrote:I don't have any media with DV, so I can't say what might be happening. Assuming the media is processed correctly, Serviio is merely passing the video stream on.

However, you might check to see if your assigned profile for your player has changed. Perhaps Serviio is now transcoding the video, which would absolutely lose the DV metadata. If your player changed its IP address, and you're using a profile you manually assigned, it might now be using something different, and not the best match for your player.

Came looking to log this issue. Was working before and now it's no longer recognizing DV and playing with the green and purple hues. Two things changed for me, LG CX firmware update and FFMPEG.EXE (64-bit) to latest version (gyan.dev). Local IP bound and correct Profile for LG set.

Return to General discussion