FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Live Streaming and Development?

<<

SabirRaut

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:56 am

Live Streaming and Development?

I am a developer whose primary programming language is Java. I am here because I am looking for a media server that I can use to create a media application. I need to create an application that does live video and audio streaming, enables streamed sessions to be saved in video files, and can replay those sessions on demand.
It is unclear from looking through your website that Serviio supports live streaming, and I can find no evidence applinked that there is an API that would allow programmers to create custom applications. Nevertheless, I felt it would be wise to ask about these things before dismissing this server.

So: can Serviio be used for live streaming -- in particular, live streaming using webcams? More importantly, is there support for developing applications that can utilize Serviio server?

Someone please advise...
Last edited by SabirRaut on Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:15 pm

Re: Live Streaming and Development?

Yes, Serviio does support live streaming, and does offer an API with the Pro version. You can find details about the API here: https://serviiocds.docs.apiary.io/#

If you are considering using Serviio in a commercial product, I suggest contacting the Serviio developer. Send him an email at sales (at) serviio.org.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

irwinnick99

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:48 am

Re: Live Streaming and Development?

SabirRaut wrote:I am a developer whose primary programming language is Java. I am here because I am looking for a media server that I can use to create a media application. I need to create an application that does live video and audio streaming, enables streamed sessions to be saved in video files, and can replay those sessions on demand.
It is unclear from looking through your website that Serviio supports live streaming, and I can find no evidence applinked that there is an API that would allow programmers to create custom applications. Nevertheless, I felt it would be wise to ask about these things before dismissing this server.

So: can Serviio be used for live streaming -- in particular, live streaming using webcams? More importantly, is there support for developing applications that can utilize Serviio server?

Someone please advise...

Did you manage to do it? Please share if you did. being a gaming streamer on twitch, I am hoping to get it working with webcam, my gameplay, my mouse
clicks per second
, and the gamepad controller view. Is there a way around it? Please suggest.

Return to General discussion