FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

iMac goes standby while streaming??

<<

betilebra85

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:47 pm

iMac goes standby while streaming??

Hello everyone, I’m a new user of Serviio with pro features. On my iMac Pro I run both Plex and Serviio because I need 2 separate libraries. My iMac is programmed to go standby after 15 minutes it’s idle. I usually do the following:
Running Plex, and the computer is turning on automatically. I play a video till the end, iMac stays up until is finished then goes standby. With Serviio is almost the same, I search the device with my DLNA clients but the computer goes standby right after a minute streaming. Anyone have the same or can forward me to an existing topic about this issue? Thank you!Tweakbox Appvalley https://vlc.onl
<<

irwinnick99

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:53 am

Re: iMac goes standby while streaming??

betilebra85 wrote:Hello everyone, I’m a new user of Serviio with pro features. On my iMac Pro I run both Plex and Serviio because I need 2 separate libraries. My iMac is programmed to go standby after 15 minutes it’s idle. I usually do the following:
Running Plex, and the computer is turning on automatically. I play a video till the end, iMac stays up until is finished then goes standby. With Serviio is almost the same, I search the device with my DLNA clients but the computer goes standby right after a minute streaming. Anyone have the same or can forward me to an existing topic about this issue? Thank you!Tweakbox Appvalley https://vlc.onl

To fix this very problem, please go to System Preferences first. Then select Energy Saver, and make sure these two options are selected: "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off" and "Wake for Wi-Fi network access". And the option "Put hard disks to sleep when possible" is off.
<<

nathandev

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:01 pm

Re: iMac goes standby while streaming??

irwinnick99 wrote:
betilebra85 wrote:Hello everyone, I’m a new user of Serviio with pro features. On my iMac Pro I run both Plex and Serviio because I need 2 separate libraries. My iMac is programmed to go standby after 15 minutes it’s idle. I usually do the following:

To fix this very problem, please go to System Preferences first. Then select Energy Saver, and make sure these two options are selected: "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off" and "Wake for Wi-Fi network access". And the option "Put hard disks to sleep when possible" is off.

Yes that's an accurate solution I have already done so.

Return to General discussion