FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can someone recommend an audio ripping software

<<

Derz

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:38 pm

Can someone recommend an audio ripping software

I have a large video library created by ripping DVDs using WinX DVD Ripper. I would like to start an audio collection including Audio CDs I have. Can some one recommend a good product, freeware preferably, that can rip a CD to mp3s and include album art, artist.. that Serviio will recognize?
Large Local Movie and TV Series Library (27 Movies, 14 Complete Series from DVD Originals)
3 Roku 3810x Streaming Sticks
Win 10 Pro GN31 Mini PC as Primary Serviio Server 2.2
Ex-> Raspberry Pi 3, Model B (running Linux 10 - buster and Serviio 2.1)
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:09 am

Re: Can someone recommend an audio ripping software

iTunes does a nice job of ripping music CDs and organizing them under the album name. You don't even need an iPhone or an Apple account to use it. Windows Media Player will also rip CDs, although I don't know how good it is at gathering the metadata. But it's free :D

A quick search and I found dBpoweramp (https://www.dbpoweramp.com/cd-ripper.htm). A 21 day free trial, and $39 for a one computer license. From the looks of it, that's probably about the best product there is for ripping music CDs and gathering the correct metadata.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Paul C

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:15 pm

atc98092 wrote:A quick search and I found dBpoweramp (https://www.dbpoweramp.com/cd-ripper.htm).

dBpoweramp is superb and comes with other useful tools such as ID-Tag editor.
This is an important task and pay special attention to ensure the ripped data is correct. It will save you loads of time in the future.
Also you usually do this task once - why not go for the higher quality of flac. You can always generate mp3s from the flac versions if you need them.

But why free? This is a professional product. Do you not get paid for your work?
Serviio Pro v2.3, DBpoweramp & Asset UPnP (R7.4), HP Elitebook, HP Pavilion, Windows 10 Pro, Linn Majik DS/1, NEET AirstreamPro renderer, Naim NAC72/NAP140 (x2), Celestion Ditton 25 and Spendor A5 speakers, WD TV Media Player (x2), Panasonic Blu-ray DMP-BDT360, Panasonic TV, Amazon Fire 7 HDX, Kazoo & BubbleUPnP apps, Qobuz Studio Hi-Res.
<<

nathandev

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:04 pm

I uses iTunes for my iPod when I need to rip some audios.
<<

rakesh009

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:17 pm

Derz wrote:I have a large video library created by ripping DVDs using WinX DVD Ripper. I would like to start an audio collection including Audio CDs I have. Can some one recommend a good product, freeware preferably, that can rip a CD to mp3s and include album art, artist.. that Serviio will recognize?
Did you manage to do it? Please share if you did. being a gaming streamer on twitch, I am hoping to get it working with webcam, my gameplay, my mouse, auto clicker and the gamepad controller view. Is there a way around it? Please suggest.

Return to General discussion