FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to delete the Serviio Recent Movies on LG TV

<<

edkap

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:20 pm

How to delete the Serviio Recent Movies on LG TV

This might not be a Serviio issue but here goes. I have 2 LG TV's using the internal DLNA and streaming movies via Serviio from my central PC. This works great. On each TV when I bring up Serviio it shows the Recent Movies that I've watched. I want to clear these out. Is this a function within each LG TV or is this a function within Serviio? I can't find this reset function in either one. If I bring up a movie that was partially watched, it asks me if I want to resume from the previous time or from the beginning. Is this a TV or Serviio function? If it's a Serviio function how can I reset all movies so that they start from the beginning?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:52 pm

Re: How to delete the Serviio Recent Movies on LG TV

No, it's not anything in the TV. It's one of the presentations made by Serviio, and it cannot be cleared. You can change the number of titles displayed in the Serviio console on the presentation tab, where it's labeled "Number of items in dynamic categories". But this affects all dynamic numbers, such as last added, last viewed. I don't know if it remembers what's currently listed if you change it to zero, then back to another number. But you can't clear a single list, only by deleting them all.

Of course, you could always disable the "Last Viewed" presentation, and it won't even appear any longer. Then no one can see what was recently watched.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to General discussion