FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Different movie Editions

<<

QuestingHero

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Different movie Editions

Is there a way to have Serviio append editions and or formats to the end of a movie title? Let’s take the movie Avatar for example. You could have the following all encoded on a media server:
Avatar Extended Collector’s Edition

Yet, when you view it on your DLNA Client (PS3, Roku), it would show up as the following:

So my question is how or can I have Serviio allow me to add some sort of Tags to the end of movie name (Avatar SE HD)

Thanks,
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:33 am

Re: Different movie Editions

Serviio use http://www.themoviedb.org/ for Metadata extraction, all return the same Avatar (2009) movie info I suppose.
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

QuestingHero

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:48 pm

I understand that, is there a way to have a local file that will override certain parts of the metadata and then use themoviedb.org for the rest? I looked on the wiki and from what I can tell it uses the website first, then the local file. I also noticed on themoviedb.org, if you look at Avatar http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/19995, you will see the names I am requesting listed under alternate titles. Is there a way to grab those?
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:58 pm

descriptive metadata extractors are exclusive, it's the embedded metadata and local cover art that are merged with the descriptive ones. So you can have either online or local (xbmc, swisscenter) files. You could switch completely to .nfo files for example and then you could edit those.

There is an open ticket to support multiple metadata sources.

Return to General discussion