FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How can we make Serviio more popular?

<<

atairu

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:08 am

How can we make Serviio more popular?

Serviio is very popular among those of us using it, but we can make it more popular. So therefore, how can we make this awesome program much more popular.

For starters, in Episode 259 broadcast on October 6th, 2011 Tekzilla a Revision3.com - Internet Television Program is asking viewers to submit what they use for streaming media on their network.

What if all of us users write in to this program and tell hosts (Patrick Norton, Robert Heron & Veronica Belmont what Serviio is? How we use it and why/how it is better than other implementations out there.

Here is Tekzilla email address: tekzilla@revision3.com

I know there are other ideas out there on how we could make Serviio the king of streaming program and ways we can make these ideas work, please post them.
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:33 am

Re: How can we make Serviio more popular?

Yes that could be a good "springboard" or "launching pad"...
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

tvkdlna

DLNA master

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:47 am

Re: How can we make Serviio more popular?

I'm acting on behalf of the leading IPTV broadcaster in Finland. When Serviio gets the online feeds caching and h264 issues solved (there's really nothing else in the way anymore), they'll go public with it to their clients. Don't know the size of their client base really, but guess there's gonna be few more people knowing what Serviio is and how to set it up.

For the latter part: I'll be the one writing the instructions. The goal is to itemize the process down to a level any computer-illiterate couch potato can set up Serviio.
Sony Bravia KDL-32W5500, OpenSUSE, Windows

Return to General discussion