FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Lost Library Data and how to Fix it ??

<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:00 pm

Lost Library Data and how to Fix it ??

I have not gotten into the details of the library database or what is stored there yet for each file, but it seems that information about each file and its thumbnail is stored there whenever a new file is found during a library refresh and this information is then provided to the DLNA device when the menus containing a file are built and displayed on the TV, which allows the TV to play the file.

I have experienced 2 situations that perhaps others can explain.

1. I have had thumbnails disappear that formerly displayed with titles on the menu.

2. I have had items that formerly listed on the menu disappear, and in checking the log it said that 1. the item was not in the database but that 2. it would be added but then there were no more log entries indicating either success or failure of the add, but subsequent log entries continued to repeat 1. and 2. and the file never displayed.

The fix for both of these failures/lost database information was to rename the file in question, refresh the library, name the file back again and refresh the library again. This is a fairly time consuming process, so I would like to know why this information is being lost, is it a bug, and what better solutions are there to fixing it.

I can't help but wonder if it would be better to erase the database each night and rebuild it, rather than refresh it periodically, when refresh does not fix these broken entries and a rebuild will.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:38 pm

Re: Lost Library Data and how to Fix it ??

Not sure what you're seeing there. Are those missing items on a remote drive that was disconnected for example?
<<

WildRushSykes

DLNA master

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:51 pm

ive had the same problem zip and my drives are usb 1TB drives that are never disconnected from my laptop sometimes it misses 5 in a row then its fine but there still added under my movies menu so it must get some info from omdb just that not dvd cover i do the same thing as the OP renaming them then refreshing and so on so no biggy i hink he problem maybe related to another problem im having though which is sometimes when im playing a movie even though it natively plays on my PS3 at random times i get the message unable to playback content with an error code and wont let me resume it and then when i play it again and scene search to the same point and continue watching its fine even happens on stuff thats been copied onto my PS3 through serviio its as if serviio loses the file or stops recognizing its there.
Serviio 1.4.1 - Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center - HP Pavillion G series - PS3 and 4 - 3TB Drive wih 500+ Bluray MKV Movies

Beta Tester and All Plugins Pack Creator

<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:41 am

The examples I was refering to are both on the second partition of my main PC drive, so they have always been available to Serviio.

One of the lost files was in fact a re-named copy of a file in another sub that I just put in my Serviio Test Sub 2 days ago for all the D series testing I have been doing and today it did not show in Serviio even though it was still there physically and the other 7 test files still displayed OK. I did the double rename and it reapppeared.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:15 am

Was there anything in the (detailed) log? Do you go to the Folders or Last added categories when you look for the file?
<<

WildRushSykes

DLNA master

Post Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:31 am

they are listed under the folders category and last added but no thumbnail or metadata at all so im assumming its just timeouts from the online metadata source ill look at the logs
Serviio 1.4.1 - Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center - HP Pavillion G series - PS3 and 4 - 3TB Drive wih 500+ Bluray MKV Movies

Beta Tester and All Plugins Pack Creator

Return to General discussion