FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

LAN Switching Help Needed

<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:07 pm

LAN Switching Help Needed

I run Serviio on my laptop and normally connect to the LAN via my Wireless Adapter. With high bitrate videos however, this is not sufficient and I need to switch over to my Ethernet adapter and LAN Cable.

Since I can switch from wired to wireless, by simply disabling the Ethernet adapter and enabling the wireless adapter, I thought the reverse should work as well. However whem I disable the wireless adapter, plug in the cable and enable the Ethernet adapter, the LAN and Internet connections are re-established, however my PC can no longer reach the DNS server, and pinging it returns "Reply from 192.168.1.1: Destination net unreachable."

The only "fix" that I have found is to reboot the router at that point and the DNS connection will be restored.

I also have the same thing happen if I disconnect and then re-connect the LAN cable after successfully fixing the DNS connection with the router reboot. I can not see anything in my router setup panels that would cause or fix this disconnection.

Any help would be appreciated.
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: LAN Switching Help Needed

you can do the same thing by setting the IP address in the bound setting. Place the IP address of the network interface you want to use there and save it.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging

Return to General discussion