FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Watching while recording

<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:55 pm

Re: Watching while recording

zip wrote:
atc98092 wrote:Zip, is the DB connectivity hard coded in Serviio, or is there something in a config or jar file that could edited to redirect to a different DB, either a full Derby install or perhaps MySQL? That would provide a way to build a DB maintenance application. I can completely understand your desire to keep it as simple as possible for most users, but it would be nice for us few tech heads to play around with something like that.

There is dbURL system property, where you could pass an external Derby server URL.

Thanks, I'll look into that. Exactly where is that property setting?
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:58 pm

<<

mavack

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:30 am

Ok

thanks for that direction zip.

I didn't use the dbURL string myself i just edited the DB_schema_url option in the serviio.properties in serviio.jar i'll probably change it to the dbURL option later when i work out how to do that.

download derby as i pointed in my earlier post and put it somewhere i put it in c:\program files\serviio\derby

copy derbyclient.jar from /serviio/derby/lib/ to /serviio/lib/

you can then start the server via the startnetworkserver.bat in the derby bin folder

shutdown serviio and modify the JDBC string, i did it via changing seriio.properties within serviio.jar but you could use dbURL as well i would think, reading the decompiled source i understood how db_scheme_url was used before i understood dbURL

db_schema_url= jdbc:derby://localhost:1527//serviio/db;create=true

you can put any folder you like, it will create the structure within the derby bin folder and start it so you can access the database while serviio is running :) you can feed in the derby home somehow to put the database folder elseware but i was happy with it in the folder.

restart serviio and it should connect to your client, from here i followed this process http://www.vogella.com/articles/ApacheD ... ml#service to turn derby server into a service.

I am currently rebuilding my database via this method, i could probably point the database to use the existing database files but i didn't want corrupt them so i had a rollback.

i did some reading about other databases there is another thread on here discussing it from ages ago, some people got it working with H2 but needed some changes to the sql, i'd assume the same with mySQL.

Now to get around to testing me changing the duration/filesize to allow me to watch files that are currently being written.
<<

mavack

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:39 am

Well i just tried playing a file with a modified duration/filesize it works on 1 device on the other it just baulks trying to play it.
<<

mat55

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:16 am

Geers wrote:Does it slow down the recording speed when you're watching this file at the same time?

I think , no
<<

vigneshwaran

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:27 am

You may have the opportunity to accomplish that once the live streaming session has concluded.
Previous

Return to General discussion