FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hulu and using a proxy

<<

MSGBen

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:25 pm

Re: Hulu and using a proxy

Hulu is only working with a few VPN providers. Check Hulu for different countries. Also Free VPNs are not going to work with Hulu.
<<

xavierjinan

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:09 am

They are worth it, stable, fast, and secure. I use HostNOC Business VPN. Their best deal is something like $5/month for 12.
<<

Rebecca

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:20 pm

Originally to speed-up access to web-pages. When a user downloaded a page, it was stored for a while on the proxy.
<<

DavidBell8819

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:25 am

Why should you use a proxy when you have the best country vpns to use in each country? Proxy just spoofs your location whereas a quality VPN encrypts your online communication as well, along with changing your IP address. You should always access online services like HULU, BBC Iplayer, or Netflix using a VPN because it is the better option of the two for circumventing geographical restrictions.
I have explained it to you in detail, the choice is yours. :)
<<

ericpeterson

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:41 pm

VPNs allow you to stream movies and shows from around the world that are not available in your country. They also let you bypass geo-restrictions on streaming sites like Netflix or Hulu, as well as accessing region restricted content by connecting with a suitable server. Are these benefits enough reason for people to rely heavily on VPNs? Absolutely!
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:35 am

Using VPNs to bypass regional restrictions is in violation of your user agreement with the provider (such as Netflix). The providers are getting smarter about catching such actions, and your account could be cancelled. Those regional restrictions are in place for legal reasons, as the providers often only have licensed the content to stream to certain locations. If they find someone bypassing their restrictions, they could be libel for fines or even legal charges if they don't take action.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:31 pm

Misficear wrote:I have been trying to watch Hulu on my computer but I keep getting errors. I am not sure if this is due to me being behind a firewall or what. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how they got around it?

Virtually every Internet user is behind a firewall of some sort. If not directly on your computer, your Internet router/modem is providing a barrier between the public Internet and your network. But the way they are generally configured is that when a computer makes a request to the Internet the router permits the reply to come through. But it is possible to block certain web sites and/or specific protocols from access. You might check your router settings to see if it has any sort of site restrictions configured.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

saidu7

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:06 am

It's been a long time but, totally get the Hulu struggle from the UK! I had a similar setup. Try configuring your proxy settings in Serviio directly. It worked like a charm for me, and no more full traffic tunneling. Also, use quality proxies (better from this list: best proxies). Happy streaming!
Previous

Return to General discussion