FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to stream local disk media?

<<

Perseus

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:00 pm

How to stream local disk media?

Hello all,

this is my first post here, as I discovered serviio only some days ago. It's a very fine piece of software and well managed by the author(s) - thanks for the user forum, also!

My first question:
I want to watch/listen a disk media (CD/DVD/BluRay) which I put in the BD drive of a serviio host computer in a different room. Is this at all possible and if so, how?

So far I successfully streamed video, image and sound files from the hosts linux file systems. I had no success with ISO disk images of movies (DVDs mounted as a loopback device). I would like to access mounted movie ISOs from the remote disk storage as well as streaming movies from disks in the remote disk player.

Help, info or hint appreciated :)

Thanks!
Last edited by Perseus on Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frank Stefani photoArt :: photo journalist :: photo artist
Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS Oneiric Ocelot (Intel i5 quad core)
Serviio-0.6.0.1
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:05 pm

Re: How to stream local disk media?

firstly please remove the link to your website from your signiture as this has nothing to do with serviio and advertising is not allowed.

what your trying to do may work in some situations ( not supported ) but your better off just ripping them to MKV or MP4 and then playing them via serviio.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Perseus

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:39 am

Re: How to stream local disk media?

Cerberus,

thanks for the reply. No pun intended, but so far I couldn't find any information regarding forum terms of use or forum policy related to personal information in the signature. Instead, the "Edit profile" form explicitly suggests to publish personal/contact information like website, messanger contacts and the like. Others "advertise" the manufacturer and model details of their multimedia hardware in their signature which could be considere as product placement or purchasing recommendation .....

I'm certainly willing to respect forum policies but I need to read them.
Frank Stefani photoArt :: photo journalist :: photo artist
Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS Oneiric Ocelot (Intel i5 quad core)
Serviio-0.6.0.1

Return to General discussion