FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Select audio for DVD files?

<<

oldsports

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:45 pm

Select audio for DVD files?

Hi! Pardon me if this question has been asked before but I have searched and have not been able to find an answer. I just built a server using WHS 2011 and installed Serviio. I have 3 DNLA devices (LG BD670, LG LHB306, Sony SMP-N200); they are recognized by Serviio and I can access and play files. I am particularly impressed with the quality on the Sony media player because it is connected wirelessly on my network (the LG units are wired with gigabit connections).

I installed Serviio because the native WHS 2011 media server does not stream VOB files (at least I could out how to do it). I have a number of DVD's that I copied to my server using DVD Decrypter which copies the entire disk (VOB, IFO and BUP files). Serviio streams the files to my 3 devices and the picture and sound are great. However, some of the DVD's play the non-English audio track and I cannot figure out how to play the English audio track. Is there any way to select which audio track is played?

Thanks for your response. I really hope there is an answer to this - the product works great otherwise!
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:52 pm

Re: Select audio for DVD files?

oldsports wrote:Hi! Pardon me if this question has been asked before but I have searched and have not been able to find an answer. I just built a server using WHS 2011 and installed Serviio. I have 3 DNLA devices (LG BD670, LG LHB306, Sony SMP-N200); they are recognized by Serviio and I can access and play files. I am particularly impressed with the quality on the Sony media player because it is connected wirelessly on my network (the LG units are wired with gigabit connections).

I installed Serviio because the native WHS 2011 media server does not stream VOB files (at least I could out how to do it). I have a number of DVD's that I copied to my server using DVD Decrypter which copies the entire disk (VOB, IFO and BUP files). Serviio streams the files to my 3 devices and the picture and sound are great. However, some of the DVD's play the non-English audio track and I cannot figure out how to play the English audio track. Is there any way to select which audio track is played?

Thanks for your response. I really hope there is an answer to this - the product works great otherwise!

there is no way to select audio tracks on those devices, the only way to solve this is to merge the VOB files into MKV with mkvmerge and at same time remove any unwanted audio tracks.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

oldsports

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:03 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'm new at the video streaming game so I hope creating MKV files is not too difficult. I assume I can look for mkvmerge on the Internet and find a download for it, but if you know where I can get it that would be great. Thanks!
<<

oldsports

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:26 am

OK - I found mkvmerge on the Internet, installed it and created my first file from my VOB files. The file plays great and the audio is in English. However, the video and audio does not match up; the audio is about 4-5 seconds behind the video. Did I do something wrong with mkvmerge? Is there a setting that I did not set correctly? Thanks.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:37 am

oldsports wrote:OK - I found mkvmerge on the Internet, installed it and created my first file from my VOB files. The file plays great and the audio is in English. However, the video and audio does not match up; the audio is about 4-5 seconds behind the video. Did I do something wrong with mkvmerge? Is there a setting that I did not set correctly? Thanks.

check with mkvmerge team as i have used it but so far not had this issue, so never looked to fix it sorry.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging

Return to General discussion