FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

6.2 version not launching.

<<

mboronene

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:13 pm

6.2 version not launching.

Hey bloggers I've been using serviio for almost a year but now seem to have stuck to the older version 0. 6.0.1. Now I know there has been a couple of improvement but can't update to them cause whenever I do, I seem not to be able to launch any of the new update from 0.6.1, I was wondering if there is anyone out there who knows what i did wrong.
Thanks.
Last edited by mboronene on Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:15 pm

Re: 6.2 version not launching.

Are you getting an error when you update? What is your OS?
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

mboronene

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:41 pm

It is just not launching. No message whatsoever . I can see a black windows opening and shutting after a split of a second.
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:43 pm

Are you trying to launch the serviio server or the serviio console?

What operating system are you on?
Mark
Beta Tester Group

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

mboronene

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:05 am

I am currently using Windows 7(chrome as browser) and I've tried to launch Serviio console but nothing is happening. About the server, that is another problem cause I can't locate it . The only options I have got are ; Readme, Release notes, serviio console, Start serviio services, Stop serviio services and Uninstall serviio. So, I don't know whether by launching the server you actually mean the St
I had the same problem with 0.6.1then I had to downgrade to the same old 0.6.0.1 which in my opinion has got limited capabilities compared to the latest 0.6.2

Thanks for the concern ...
<<

mboronene

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:23 am

I finally got to the bottom of it by updating my Java from 6.29 to 6.31 which should not have been the problem really. Now, I can access my libraries but the problem is that I can't edit them because when I launch serviio no windows pops up. So there is no way to edit things like online feeds which I would really to get access to.
I'll appreciate any help. Thanks.
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:54 am

Can you post your serviio.log file. That way we can see if there is any error message in it. You can also try and edit your paths by installing one of the webui's or if you have an android device you can install serviidroid on it.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

mboronene

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:48 pm

I don't know whether this is the file you mean but the serviio log folder has got 2 of them serviio.log1 and serviio.log2, and it seems impossible to attach and post it on the forum(I get the' The extension 1 is not allowed.' message when I try).
Nevertheless, I have downloaded Serviiodroid and its online feed section is editable. But the question remains shouldn't I be able to do it from my Laptop with Serviio 0.6.2 ?
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:54 pm

mboronene wrote:I don't know whether this is the file you mean but the serviio log folder has got 2 of them serviio.log1 and serviio.log2, and it seems impossible to attach and post it on the forum(I get the' The extension 1 is not allowed.' message when I try).
Nevertheless, I have downloaded Serviiodroid and its online feed section is editable. But the question remains shouldn't I be able to do it from my Laptop with Serviio 0.6.2 ?

there should be a serviio.log file. the log1 and log2 are just prior versions of the log file.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

mboronene

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:40 am

Hi Moltra,
I know by now you might have noticed that I'm not a tech guy. I still have difficulties trying to post the serviio.log file . I can see it in the serviio program but it won't let post it every time I try to, I keep on getting the same message. If that would not be too much of asking I would like you to guide through the process how to post the serviio.log file. And on my system it comes as 'Serviio.log1'.
Thank you for everything.

Return to General discussion