FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WD TV

<<

RXP

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:56 pm

WD TV

Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone can give their opinions of using Serviio with WDTV? Does it work well, do all the features work properly? I've got an A100, flawless for video playback but unfortunately Serviio doesn't support it.

Also I've read many threads on WD TV's own forums that mention a 23.976 bug where frames are dropped once every 40 seconds or duplicated once every 40. My Popcorn Hour doesn't suffer from this. Does the WD TV really have this bug?

Thanks for any help guys. :D
<<

WildRushSykes

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:48 am

Re: WD TV

My WDTV Live Gen 3 works flawlessly with playback through serviio some of the features like movie info through dont seem to work through serviio but thats a small issue for me it still displays cover art and release date but producer director and plot info is sadly lacking but if you use the built in scraper all info is displayed. One thing i did have a major problem with though is if you use the media library function be careful as it needs write permissions to the drives your media is on which also means it can delete stuff and the other day i found it started deleting random files of my drives for no reason and the forums are full of people with the same issue even on the latest firmware!
Last edited by WildRushSykes on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Serviio 1.4.1 - Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center - HP Pavillion G series - PS3 and 4 - 3TB Drive wih 500+ Bluray MKV Movies

Beta Tester and All Plugins Pack Creator

<<

RXP

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:06 am

Re: WD TV

Thanks for the feedback. The randomly deleting files is a bit worrying but I'm planning on just using it via Bubble for Android anyway to beam movies to it.

Return to General discussion