FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Subs only in Transcoding

<<

aitrus20

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:33 am

Subs only in Transcoding

Hi,

I have a, maybe, silly question. I 've installed Serviio in my NAS (a Synology DS 212j). As I can't see my folder through SAMBA protocol but works for DLNA protocol, and I use my NAS to see videos with subs; I want to know if the subs in videos, through DLNA and Servioo can only be watched using "Transcoding" option.

In the Synology Forum told me that my NAS model can't support the transcoding option of Serviio, because of RAM, so I think I can't use this option and so I want to know if this way is the onlye one to watch subs in videos through Serviio, or It isn't necessary to see them and I can use Serviio other way to serve subs in my videos.

By the way, when I acces to the my NAS folders, I see the video files, but It appears with a "X" logo (instead a video logo or similar). I've read Serviio FAQ and other but I couldn't see the solution or the cause of this? Any idea?

From now, thanks a lot and sorry for my awful english!!
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:14 pm

Re: Subs only in Transcoding

Depends on your device. Some support subs without the need to transcode them into the video stream.
<<

aitrus20

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:34 am

Mmm...and anybody knows if Synology DS 212j cans? I think not (by other forums), but I don't know how or where I can see that.

By the way, I can't prove this, beacause I can't play my video files (appear a logo with a X, instead a video logo in each file). What can it be? Where I can search the answer?

Thanks a lot!!
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:43 pm

By device I meant the TV/player.

Return to General discussion