FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

complete beginner needs help, please, with wii

<<

Chrissybee

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:56 pm

complete beginner needs help, please, with wii

Hi, I hope someone can help mel please. Recently bought a Sony Bravia Tv, internet ready now in possession of a working netgear wireless bridge. Thought I may be able to watch DVDs on the tv now via our wii wirelessly but cannot figure out how to do it! Presumably, I have to ask serviio on my pc to see the wii, but without knowing the wii's ip address how does this happen? Maybe I am being over optimistic and I have to connect the wii to the tv using a cable? all the instructions say to control the wii using this screen and that screen but until it is connected to the tv, I can't see any screens anyway. I really do need help, very basic help, like = 1 - turn on the tv and the wii.2- Do whatever comes next, etc etc. I can play music via my pc and serviio so have had SOME success?? All help gratefully received......
<<

slyguy42o

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:23 pm

Re: complete beginner needs help, please, with wii

I don't think the WII supports DLNA servers. Does your Sony TV have DLNA support?
<<

Chrissybee

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:43 pm

Hi, I believe it does, I wasnt sure so I just googled the question and the gist of the replies was that Sony is a leading member of the DNLA, so I would have to say yes.
<<

Chrissybee

Serviio newbie

Hi, I believe it does, I wasnt sure so I just googled the question and the gist of the replies was that Sony is a leading member of the DNLA, so I would have to say yes.
<<

Chrissybee

Serviio newbie

<<

slyguy42o

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:05 pm

if so , then plug your tv into your network.. or connect it via wireless.

Open up the dlna browser and see if you can find your serviio server. It should find it on it's own. The only required step after installing serviio would be to add something to your library so you have something that you can play on your TV.

Return to General discussion