FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Subtitles

<<

MarcB

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:32 pm

Subtitles

In the latest version, 1.10.1, on the subtitle page the user name and password boxes no longer exist (or are not showing) for opensubtitles.org. Is this by design? I've searched the forum and readme files and I don't see any mention of it. I recently rebuilt my serviio box (now on a raspi) and this new install doesn't display ANY subtitles when playing movies even though Online Subtitles are enabled.

Suggestions?

Thank you

Marc
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:49 pm

Re: Subtitles

Per the note on the console (click the ?): "You have to enter a preferred subtitles language to trigger this feature." Have you set this?

It does appear that the user name option was removed. I don't recall the developer mentioning that, but I might have missed it.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

MarcB

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:28 pm

Hi Dan! Thanks for the reply.

Yes...I did see the note (?) and I did have the subtitle language set.

Like you had said, I did not see any notes from the dev about the user name and pw being removed.

And!!! when it does find subtitles they're way out of sync (late) like 20+ seconds after the dialog.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:25 pm

Username/password is not needed anymore.

Movies are matching bu imdb id and a file hash. So make sure you're using online metadata to fetch the imdb id. Also check detailed log to see if subs are found and fetched as you browse the folders.
<<

MarcB

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:22 am

Thank you for the update about using user name and pw.

What about the syncing of the subtitles? They're always off...trailing by 20+ seconds.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:15 am

it's up to the subtitle file / author. There are usually multiple versions on opensubtitles.org, and not all will match your file. Serviio tries its best to get the right match, but it'll not be 100% accurate.

If that happens, just download them manually and check they're the right match for your file.
<<

DrHorseface

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:14 pm

Hmmm...

After having shut down my file server with Serviio on it for a day and firing it back up, I got the "you need to log in to opensubtitles.org" message instead of actual subtitles and went Googling. I, too, was looking for the username/password inputs in the UI to no avail.

I'm actually surprised that Serviio has supposedly been working without logging in for this long, since I've always had to log in with Kodi to get subtitles to download there. Kinda assumed it was a requirement on opensubtitles.org. But it appears not — or perhaps it just became one? Or could this be something else entirely messing with me?

Cheers :)

Return to Serviio Support & Help