FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

library serviio

<<

jocker50

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:13 pm

library serviio

hello, is it possible with serviio to read a directory on a network disk? for the moment I can share the directories that are on the hard disk of the pc without problem. do you have to have the pro version? thank you for your reply
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:49 pm

Re: library serviio

Yes, Serviio can use a network share. The issue is permissions. On Windows, Serviio runs under the Local Service user account. This account has very little access to network assets. The solution is to change the user account that the Serviio service uses. This is done using the Services applet under the Admin tools. Change the user to the same user account you use to log into the computer, and then Serviio can access everything that you can when you are using the computer.

No, the Pro version is not necessary for this. Pro provides many other benefits, but it's not needed for this.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

jocker50

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:58 pm

thank you for your reply.
can you guide me to do this. I tried through the service but I don't see how to change the account to use.
Thanks again for your help. I guess serviio must be stopped to make the change.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:13 pm

After you open the Services app, scroll down to Serviio in the right window. Double-click to open the properties window. Click on the Log On tab. You will see it's using the Local System account. Check the radio button labeled This account:, then click the Browse button. In the Select User window that opens, type the user name you want to use, then click "Check Names". This will confirm you have selected the correct name, and if you have it wrong it will let you know. Once you have the correct name, Click OK. You are now back on the Log On tab. Enter your password for the user name you selected. Make sure you have it correct, as there's no logic check here to see if it's valid. Now click Apply. Finally, switch to the General tab and click the Stop button, wait a moment, then click Start. If you have everything correct, Serviio is now running under the new user account. If it fails, go back and check the password you entered on the Log On tab.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

jocker50

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:19 am

hello, thanks again for your help.
I have found the place where to do all the manipulations. but when I validate the info it displays an error 1069 opening failure....
Is there a way to retrieve the administrator info from the pc.
the pc is configured with an admin account (pc-server) without a password when windows starts, but this admin account is also the microsoft account.. I may be wrong in the passwords.
Thanks again for your help.
good weekend
Attachments
Capture bis.JPG
Capture bis.JPG (120.1 KiB) Viewed 2544 times
Capture ecran.JPG
Capture ecran.JPG (39.29 KiB) Viewed 2544 times
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:25 am

I'm sorry, I can't read that language, and since it's a picture I can't copy and paste the text into a translator.

But I'm guessing the problem is the password. Error 1069 returns a login problem when I look it up. Perhaps try making a new user account specifically for Serviio to use. Create the account (and remember the password!), then log in with that account and ensure you can access your network shares using that account. Once that's confirmed, then change the Serviio service account to use the new account you just created.
Dan

<<

jocker50

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:48 pm

Hi, thanks again for following this thread. I managed to create another account and I changed the settings in the service phew.
however I still do not see my hard disk which is on my network, I can only share the hard disks which are in my computer. to be on the disc must appear in the sharing of the library?
cordially.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:49 pm

Hi again! When you are accessing network shares, you need to use the full UNC path, not a drive letter. As an example, if you have a computer called "media" and the share name is "movies", the UNC path to that share is "\\media\movies", and that is the path you use in Serviio to access the media. So instead of using the browse button, which only shows local drives, you have to type the UNC path yourself.
Dan

<<

jocker50

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:16 am

hello, houra thanks to your indications, it works. I am too happy, again a big thank you for your help. Have a nice day. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kind regards

Return to Serviio Support & Help