FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Servio looses content after Windows Update / WSE2016

<<

hanseatic

Serviio newbie

Post Tue May 17, 2022 5:32 am

Servio looses content after Windows Update / WSE2016

Hi,

I am running a Windows Server Essentials 2016 and Serviio v 2.2.1. The photos and videos that I stream into the network are stored on the shared drives, which are two 2TB drives which are managed as pool by Drive Bender.

After the initial setup of the system, I created one folder + subfolder and copied my media over, then I installed Serviio and tested that the media is streamed to my TV, then I added more folders.

Servioo is set up to detect new media automatically, the "poll" flag is also set.

Now, each time after a OS update and restart of the server, all data is no longer streamed to the TV, except the first folder which I created before I installed Serviio. I have to force a refresh manually. Then it works as expected until the next Windows Update.

Please help.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue May 17, 2022 10:35 pm

Re: Servio looses content after Windows Update / WSE2016

Serviio isn't officially supported on any version of Windows Server, but I also admit that isn't made plain on the Serviio web site. For whatever reason, Windows Server causes issues like this on occasion, especially after any sort of OS update. If the poller setting isn't doing the job to maintain your Serviio database, you'll probably just have to live with making the manual refresh as you're doing now.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help