FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Change of ROUTER, I can no longer use Serviio

<<

Virgen Maria

Serviio newbie

Post Tue May 17, 2022 2:21 pm

Change of ROUTER, I can no longer use Serviio

Hello. Yesterday I changed my internet company, and they gave me a ZTE ZXHN F6640 router. Since I have it on I can no longer access the service on my 2016 samsung, which with my previous router from the other company I did not have to configure anything and only the app came out directly on my TV (DLNA).
What do I have to configure in my new router to be able to continue using the service (DLNA) in my old samsung tv? All the best!!!. :?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue May 17, 2022 10:45 pm

Re: Change of ROUTER, I can no longer use Serviio

I can't find a manual online for that router, so I can only make some assumptions. Are all your devices connected via WiFi, or is there some Ethernet mixed in as well? Since the router is the only change made, it must be a setting in the router. Look under the WiFi security settings for something that is labeled block internal access or anything that implies that connected devices cannot see other devices on the network.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Virgen Maria

Serviio newbie

Post Wed May 18, 2022 5:34 am

Hello, thanks for answering me. I only use network cable connection, never Wi-Fi, I don't like Wi-Fi. I have put photos for you to see the ports that I have opened, and where it says "PC IP" is the personal computer (where the SERVIIO is installed) and the IP of the personal computer. I can't get it to work, this is frustrating.

<<

Virgen Maria

Serviio newbie

Post Wed May 18, 2022 9:47 am

Problem solved, call the technical service of my company and they solved the problem, thanks.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed May 18, 2022 10:59 pm

First, you have no need to port forward anything for Serviio to work within your home network. Port forwarding 1900 and 8895 does nothing, as DLNA packets are not supported across the public Internet. The other port forward, for 23424, is for MediaBrowser. If you have purchased a Serviio Pro license, then you would forward that port to access MediaBrowser from the Internet. But again, it's not needed for internal use.

I'm glad your ISP resolved your connectivity issue. But please remove the unneeded port forwarding in your router, as they open potential holes in your firewall for no purpose.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help