FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Nokia Stream Box

<<

brianna.jadin

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:02 pm

Nokia Stream Box

Hello, my device is a Nokia Stream Box 8000. Android TV is mentioned as the operating system. ServiiGo won't install for me. I are unable to find the software for this device in the app store, and when I try to install the apk from a memory stick, I get a message stating that it is not suitable with this device. On this box, all other apps operate without problem. Since the Nokia box also contains built-in Chromecast, I have a workaround which involves using a tablet or phone, but I would really like to install the app. Any thoughts?
omegle instagram video download
Last edited by brianna.jadin on Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:06 pm

Re: Nokia Stream Box

ServiiGo is designed for mobile devices, such as phones or tablets. I don't believe the developer makes it available for devices running Android TV. I know it's not available on my Shield players. So side loading doesn't work, as you found.

The question I have is, are you looking for a player when your Nokia player is connected to your home network? If so, there's plenty of player apps that work with Serviio. I primarily use Kodi, but MrMC and VLC are two more that I know will work. Kodi and MrMC both require enabling DLNA support in their config menus, and both are a bit daunting to set up. VLC sees any DLNA server automatically, no configuration required. But their user interface is terrible (in my opinion).

If you're trying to use Serviio from outside your home network, the answer is the only way to connect is with either ServiiGo (which we know won't work on your box) or using a web browser and logging into the web based MediaBrowser that is available in Serviio Pro (the paid version). By the way, you need the paid version of Serviio to use ServiiGo as well.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

jamesedger

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:32 am

Re: Nokia Stream Box

brianna.jadin wrote:Hello, my device is a Nokia Stream Box 8000. Android TV is mentioned as the operating system. ServiiGo won't install for me. I are unable to find the software for this device in the app store, and when I try to install the apk from a memory stick, I get a message stating that it is not suitable with this device. On this box, all other apps operate without problem. Since the Nokia box also contains built-in Chromecast, I have a workaround which involves using a tablet or phone, but I would really like to install the app. Any thoughts?

Did you try to install Apk from a memory stick by sideloading the apk file?
James-edger Aeroinsta

Return to Serviio Support & Help